Stars - Elysia x Reader

Requested by sourpatchz.

...

You never bothered with holidays. The idea of celebrating a tradition that comes year-round seemed like a waste of your time so why was it that you find yourself outside a mall? The answer comes in the form of a pink-haired streamer.

"Hi everyone! It's Elysia and today we're going shopping!" The girl moved to the side to show her viewers the mall. "Since my friends and I are doing a Secret Santa this year, I thought it'd be nice if we all go shopping together. Aren't I just smart?"

While the pink-haired girl was talking to her chat, you decided to take the moment to look around. Every member of the Golden Courtyard was present, including Mobius and Kaplas. Those two were known not to attend such occasions. How Elysia managed to rope the two in was beyond you. Then again, even you found yourself tagging along. And this isn't the first time it has happened.

The first case was the welcoming party. The party was meant to welcome you into your new home. Elysia asked you if you could join, but you declined. The next thing you know, you were having a couple of drinks with the residents. You found yourself involved in several other events thanks to the pink-haired girl. None of these events led anywhere. You would arrive and leave just as quickly. But hey, at least you attended.

Elysia is a charming woman. People naturally gravitate towards her and as much as you hate to admit it, you also found the girl to be quite charming. It didn't help that she had a place within your heart.

"What are you thinking about over there, (Y/N)?" Your thoughts quickly leave your mind as Elysia struts over. She focuses her phone on you. "Penny for your thought?"

You ignored her question and glanced at the device in her hand. Then to her.

"Do you have to record this?" You asked with your arms folded across your chest.

The internet is an unsafe place, especially for popular streamers such as Elysia. You wonder if she was even aware of the danger that comes with being a content creator.

As for Elysia, she was busy observing you. Normally, you would ignore her entirely which is why she was happy to evoke some sort of interaction with you. You were, after all, one of the coldest if not elusive members of the Golden Courtyard. Despite being a member for so long, you were known to keep to yourself, hardly giving anyone an idea of what type of person you were so the streamer made it her mission to know.

It is then that Elysia is reminded that you asked her a question. Although you did not respond to hers, she had no problem answering yours.

"I think it's nice to capture some memories. It's not every day we get to do this." She explains with a smile gracing her face. "You should smile a bit more, (Y/N)! You're already beautiful but a smile would make you even more so."

Her compliment had little to no effect on you.

You briefly stared at her before muttering a quiet, "Unnecessary" under your breath. Then you turned away from her, deciding that she was brave for committing to such a path.

The pink-haired girl did not take your action to heart. She knows that you were not used to people like her. The two of you were like oil and water, but who to say that oil and water can't be compatible? Not Elysia, that's for sure. Now then, back to business. Elysia turns to the entire group.

"I have a list of all the stores we'll be checking out. If there's a store that catches someone's attention, we'll see if we have time to check it out." Elysia glances at everyone. "The budget doesn't matter, just the gift. After all, it's the thought that counts. Does everyone understand what we will be doing today?"