13

san

it was the iconic lunch time again during school and we were walking the way towards the cafeteria we knew by heart with seonghwa. we were the first ones there, which was actually surprising. we went to get lunch and after that took over our usual table.

before i even sat down, jung wooyoung appeared out if nowhere and ran into my arms. and when i say he ran, i mean he literally ran, almost knocking me down but i kept my balance and caught the boy anyways.

"well hello to you too, what's going on?" i chuckled lightly.

"i am annoyed as fuck, i wanna commit arson and i feel like hitting someone but i decided not to, so fucking hug me back." wooyoung spoke in a clearly frustrated tone and immediately i wrapped my arms around him, holding him like i was protecting him from something i didn't know, soothing him down by caressing his back.

i grew extremely curious after hearing that sentence coming out the boy's mouth. bold of me to assume he was just happy to see me, i laughed at myself internally.

since there were just the three of us, seonghwa's attention was instantly on the younger as well. "what's wrong wooyoung?"

"your lovely friend who happens to be my boyfriend, appeared in my apartment in the middle of the night, blackout drunk, just to leave before i woke up without a word." wooyoung explained and raised his gaze towards the blonde male to let him know he was talking to both of us.

"what?? seriously what's going on with him?" seonghwa sighed after hearing that about jaesung and naturally, i was pissed off.

wooyoung got out of my embrace but still held my arm as he spoke. "i for real don't know, like what was he thinking? that i would baby him when he's so drunk he passes out on the couch and then just smile and nod??"

"so he hasn't texted you or anything?" i questioned with raised eyebrows.

"nope."

seonghwa nodded, visibly disappointed. "well we haven't heard like.. anything of him since the argument he had with san and it has already been over a week."

"if he doesn't want anything to do with us then so be it." i shrugged my shoulders. yes, a part of me was sad about his distancing but mostly i was just disappointed and frustrated.

"i'll try to talk to him.." wooyoung mumbled sighing and sat down. "once i get the energy for that."

i was fuming. all i wished was for jaesung to treat wooyoung right, but seemed like he was constantly failing. and that made my blood boil. i just hoped wooyoung knew what he was doing, since it wasn't my place to tell him what he should do after all.

"do you know where joo- uh- hongjoong is?" seonghwa suddenly asked the brunette and he was clearly a bit shy about it. i sent him an assuring smile just to express that it's okay.

"ii don't know, i guess he'll be here in a minute, why?" wooyoung asked curiously and i saw the corner of his mouth slightly turning into a smirk and his eyebrows wiggling.

seonghwa hummed and quickly started examining his phone like there was something so interesting. "no reason."

"seonghwa, i know." the brunette said those words surprisingly calm, and carefully placed his palm on the boy's hand in front of him.

seonghwa took a hold of the younger's hand but still didn't want to meet his eyes. "i know you do."

"i'm not asking you to explain what happened, but just know that i'm pretty convinced that we don't know the whole truth." wooyoung spoke extremely kindly and i saw the clear gratefulness in seonghwas eyes. "you're a sweet person, i know you can make things right with joong."