17

two weeks had passed, and wooyoung did swell in guilt because of what happened for a couple of days before it got better. him and san were being normal friends, or more like normal them. like nothing unusual had ever happened between the two males. they had both worried about their friendship way for absolutely nothing.

what about jaesung then? well, that's another that. they hadn't heard from him or seen him actually at all. a few times by a glance at college yes, but nothing more. wooyoung thought it was better at first, in that situation, but as days turned into weeks, he got more and more tired. like there was no point anymore.

that was until jaesung texted wooyoung in the late evening to come at his place for the night. the brunette still didn't feel like seeing him that much, but it was probably the right thing to go and try, give it a chance and talk.

~

it was 2AM when wooyoung got up from jaesung's bed and looked at the sleeping man. sighing, he opened the bedroom door and walked towards the back porch. he closed the backdoor quietly and inhaled the fresh air deeply. he usually loved nightime, it was so dark, peaceful and quiet.

but in that moment wooyoung didn't feel that way. he had too much on his mind. he felt like shit. he wasn't happy with jaesung, that was for sure but there was still something tightly holding him back from breaking up with him. anxiety took over his mind and body and he wanted to cry as he replayed the conversation he had with hongjoong during hungover that specific weekend.

"do you like him?"

"what? no."

"are you sure?"

"yes i'm sure, san is my friend."

"friends don't usually make you want to cheat."

"but i don't like him like that!"

"woo, remember that romantic feelings and sexual attraction are two different things, there's a chance you might feel the other one without feeling both."

"no i- it was just a stupid mistake, we don't have any feelings towards each other."

"look.. i can't fully judge you. i mean cheating is obviously a bad thing to do under any circumstances, i'm not gonna defend you for that. but i still gotta have some kind of understanding towards you. you're not in a great place with jaesung, he's lowkey an asshole but you haven't been able or had time to think what you're supposed to do with everything. then you got wasted and did something to get you comfort for a moment."

"that's.. true."

"it's not a great way to deal with things, it won't only mess with your head but other's too. i'll help you get through it but it's you who can make the final decision of what to do with everything. and make sure you and san are on the same level for real."

~

hongjoong was right about everything, and he was way too understanding. but did wooyoung have feelings for san? no. was he attracted to him? maybe. but it didn't mean anything and it's not like it would happen again.

maybe wooyoung was being selfish again, but he did the only thing he thought would help him at that moment. he called san.

"wooyoung? what are you doing awake? it's 2AM."

"i just.. i'm at jaesung's but i couldn't sleep. i'm sorry i probably woke you up."

"you didn't, i wasn't sleeping yet. are you okay? does he know you called me?"

"obviously not."

"which one?"

"both. he doesn't know i called you, he's asleep and no, i'm not okay."