23

san

i woke up from my own bed, blinking the sleepiness from my eyes. i felt the weight of another person on my arm and it told me i wasn't alone. memories from the night flowed in my mind and i remembered how he ended up there.

i opened my eyes for good now and i was met with a back of a neck, smelling the familiar perfume of his that i loved. i was hugging him from behind. i planted a soft kiss on his skin before tightening my hold a bit.

"that tickled." the person suddenly giggled.

i raised my head in surprise, not expecting to hear his voice, "you were awake?"

"yeah, i just didn't want to move yet." i heard him smiling through his words. he then slightly turned his face towards me.

"well, good morning." i carefully brushed wooyoung's highlighted hair away to see his beautiful eyes.

"good morning."

i smiled, hiding my face in the crook of his neck again until i noticed something written on his skin "oh my god, your tattoo!"

i'm never alone and i will never be. was written on his upper back and i thought the placement was pretty clever. he could never see it himself except for reflections, but only other people could read it.

"it's my newest one. this was my first one." wooyoung turned to his back and pulled the duvet to the side just enough to expose his right thigh.

i had to sit up and twist my head a bit to read the tattoo correctly.

"utopia." i read from his thigh, tracing the word written with ink on his skin with my finger. "it's beautiful."

"you didn't notice it last night?"

"i was too busy touching your body darling, not observing it." i pointed out, drawing small circles on his thigh with my finger.

wooyoung scoffed at that dramatically, "okay, excuse you! my body should be admired and observed!"

"oh i agree, it definitely should. but you wouldn't get any physical pleasure from it, would you?" i now caressed his upper thigh, wearing a slight grin on my face.

"i-"

i took my hand off of him, "so tell me, why utopia?"

"i got it when i was 17. it's a pretty word and i wanted something to remind me when things get tough that there is some place better, and i can reach it if i keep on trying." wooyoung explained.

"oh wow. that's beautiful."

the brunette then seemed to remember i had a tattoo on my thigh as well when he suddenly started searching for my leg under the covers.

"let me see yours!" he said excitedly but furrowed his eyebrows a bit when he saw it. "1117, what does that mean?"

"that's actually the date our little sister was supposed to be born. i mean she was born but... not alive." i answered truthfully, even though it was still a slightly hard spot for me.

"i really wanted another little sibling, to take care of and see them grow. jongho is almost the same age as me so we basically grew up hand in hand. of course i have always been over-protective of him, ever since i was a little kid, he's my younger brother after all. but sometimes he has felt like a big brother to me too, so at times i was the one he took care of."