Chapter-14

They who used to say-
I'll prefer breaking my own heart than breaking your trust.
Has never disclosed, what to do?
When they will leave me with shards of broken trust.

♡ Shanzay Shah.
______________________________________

Just a slight knock on the wall and. it disappeared, forming a spiral staircase that leads to a cozy study from his bedroom. He was in haste today, trying to get all the things that he will need there. The time was little and the work was more. Scanning the shelves of his study he took all the necessary documents which he will need to start his architectural firm in London. Getting back to his bedroom he put the papers in his bag. Then he went to the walk-in closet to pack his clothes and other necessities. The ringing of the phone made him stop his task and attend to the call.

"Yes, Arbazy??? What now?" He said frustrated.

"Tickets are available for tonight's flight or there is no flight for the next few days. What to..."

"Get them booked. She needs me there Arbaz. I have to reach London as soon as possible." Daniyal said putting the phone on speaker.

"I have booked the tickets and also mailed it's copy to you. Relax Daniyal you need to calm down."

"How she will be managing it all alone. She is very dear to me Arbaz I can't afford to lose her. She loves me more than anything." He said with a teary voice.

"Nothing will happen. We will go to the airport together and I am also coming with you."

After Arbaz ended the call, he walked out of his room and got bumped into Shanzay.

"Ouch! Are you blind? Can't you see while walking?" Her furious tone made Daniyal puzzled.

"Now get aside." She pushed him aside and went to her room, stamping her feet. The push was so hard that Daniyal manage to keep his balance otherwise for sure he would have fallen from there on the stairs. Not able to understand her behavior, he shook his head in disbelief because right now there was something more important for him to look at than to focus on her anger. He will talk to her afterward saying it to himself, he descended the stairs to call someone to help him with his packing.

"Anisa aapa, where is Ammi? He inquired the house helper who was working in the kitchen.

"Everyone is gone to attend the wedding of bhabhi's nephew in Jammu."

"Oh yeah, Ammi has told me before going there. I forget it." He rubbed his forehead to ease the headache.

"Anisa aapa, is the soup ready?" Shanzay asked coming into the kitchen, holding a woolen shawl in her left hand.

"Jee Shanzay baby." She said putting the bowl full of soup on the tray.

"Okay. Warm some hair oil and bring it to nani's room." She took hold of the tray and went towards her grandmother's room.

"What happened to Nanijaan?" He asked walking after her. But she kept her mouth shut without uttering a word, ignoring him.

"Nani jaani get up and have warm soup you'll feel better." She put the tray on the side table. Daniyal quickly checked his grandmother's temperature which was kinda normal.

"Nani, shall I call the doctor? " He helped her in sitting on the bed with the support of a pillow on her back. Daniyal sat beside her holding her hands.

"Nah. It's just a little headache." She stroked his cheeks softly. Shanzay bought a spoonful of soup to her mouth and she quickly consumed it. Anisa came there with the bowl of warm hair oil.