Chapter-21

Ye ayyam e hijr khatam kab hoga?
Shab o roz e vasl e yaar kab hoga?
Ye duriya ab khaar si lagti hai,
Batao jaanam, mujhe aapka Qurb nasib kab hoga?

♡Daniyal Sikander Shirazi

(When will these days of separation end?
When will the day & night of union with beloved be?
This journey seems to be a bit rough now, like a thorn.
Tell me beloved,
when will I be blessed with your proximity?)

_____________________________________

Delicate green grass was spread all over the backward. Taking off her shoes on the rough path, she walked on the soft grass, which was giving a feel of velvet to her feets. Opening the button of her coat, she sat down on the white colored wooden swing. Taking a long breath, she made a call to her mother, which was a answered just on the second ring.

"Assalamualaikum Ammi!"

"Waalaikumassalam Shanzay! Why were you not picking my calls? I was ......"

"Ammi, Ammi, relax. I am fine." Shanzay interrupted her mother. Because she was not in the mood of getting scolded by her mother, especially when she was missing her home very badly.

"Ammi, you don't miss me." Shanzay murmured, roaming her gaze all around the lush green small garden.

"Who said I don't miss you?"

"It's already more than seven months I came here, and you haven't come here to meet me for once." Tears dwelled up in her doe orbs, and her tone became a little bit of senti.

"Shanu dear, I told you to come here in the vacation but you refused saying you wanted to spent your vacation in London in sightseeing. And when I told you I am coming over to you, you denied me saying it's Ameera's exam... And now you're complaining about it to me." Her mother's soft voice fell in her ears. Wiping her tears with the back of her palms she got up from the swing and started strolling around the place.

"I would have come to you but it's Nisha's wedding next month and ....."

"Ammiii! Are you talking about Shahzain uncle's daughter?" Shanzay asked surprised and her mother hummed in response.

"When does it all happened? Why I was not informed? Haya has also not mentioned about her sister's wedding to me." She threw questions to her mother, who laughed sensing Shanzay's excitement.

"You seems so happy with the news, Shanu."

"Ammi, Ammi, Ammi, I am so happy rightnow." Shanzay's giggled and twirled around a little with happiness.

"Your exams will end in the first week of next month?"

"Jee Ammi." ( Yes mother)

"Great. Her wedding will be in the last week of the next month. Fariha Appi will come here to attend the wedding, you also come back with her. I will talk to Fariha about your ticket."

"Okay Ammi. I will check my exams schedule and update you about it." Rumaisa hummed at her daughter's statement. Shanzay went near the swimming pool and sat beside it.

"Ammi, who is Nisha's fiance?"

"You remembered Brother Shakir, your uncle's friend. It's his son, Azam. Nisha and Azam studies in same class....."

.
.
.

"Allah Hafiz my princess. Take care of Daniyal, Izhan and yourself."

"Allah Hafiz. Love you." A bright smile was tucked at the corner of her rosy lips. She was feeling a lot better after talking to her mother. She was so grateful to her lord, for fixing Nisha with the type of guy she deserves. Its not that Azam is not a good person or Shanzay has any good bond with Nisha but it was her innocent heart which was relaxed on hearing the news because Nisha always used to claimed that she likes Daniyal and she will marry him and Shanzay used to not like this thing a bit.