Chapter-25

Waqt qarib tha,
unke darmiyan sabhi hudud ko todne ka,
Ha waqt qarib tha,
unki kitab e zindagi ka, ek aur safa modne ka.
Dil to hmesha se jude the unke,
Ab to pal agya tha unki rooh ko jodne ka.

Q.TAIBA.Z
_________________________________________

The owner of the pair of blue orbs, locked the main door of the cottage from inside. Then he stepped in to witnesses that the living room was drowned in the darkness, but not completely, as it was kinda illuminated by the light peeping out from the kitchen. He marched towards the kitchen, to have his dinner, when something on the white floor caught his attention.

Blood stains!!!

He followed the stains to the kitchen and the scene unfold in front of his eyes was enough to explain him everything. He rushed towards the bedroom and pushed the door, with such force, that she ceased her sobs and opened her eyes wide on sensing the presence of someone in the room, but didn't dared to peek out of the comforter due to fear.

He came near her covered form and in a one go he tossed the comforter away from her body and after scanning it, he found her wound, her injured leg. He sat near her, and took her bandaged feet on his lap. Room was dimly lit, but still she was able to make out that it was HIM!

The bandage was stained red, on that particular spot, he got up from there and went near her torso. He saw her closing her eyes, when he sat beside her. He smiled at her action and rubbed his thumb over her swollen eyes. A drop of tear leaked out from her left eye and made it's way to her hairs.

'Shanzay!' He spoke her name, so softly, running his thumb on her tear stained cheeks. She sniffed, seeing in his blue orbs.

"Daniyal, see, I got hurt." With her tears filled eyes, she showed him her slightly burned hand, and pointed her finger at her cheeks, which was red due to the burn. Daniyal felt bad, seeing her in such pain, "How it happened? Why you have not called me?"

"I have called you but you didn't answered my calls." She uttered, in the attempt of getting up, mistakenly she hit her injured foot on her another foot, resulting in her to whimper.

"What happened?" With his eyes filled with concern, Daniyal kept his palms on her both cheeks.

"My foot, it's hurting." With difficulties she managed to spoke, closing her eyes. Daniyal checked her foot, which was now tainted in the shade of blood, due to the fresh bleeding.

"Let's go to the hospital." He stood up on his legs and bend down to her level, engulfing her in his arms. Shanzay's cheeks heated up on his action, she lowered her curly eyelashes, blushing.

Opening the door of the car, he placed her on the seat then he sprinted towards the driver seat and started the car. He stopped the car, in front of the hospital.

"Daniyal?" She called out to him, who was about to stepped out of the car.

"Yes, sweetheart?" He replied, looking in her eyes. She blushed at his endearment and diverted her gaze away from him, towards the window.

"My hijab..." She spoke, fidgeting with her fingers, then rested her head against the seat.

'Oh no! This have to break now only.' She whispered, with her eyelashes cascaded down. Taking out the broken hairclip from her head, she threw it in the mini trash bin in the car. Meanwhile, her hairs bun got opened and hairs fell on her face and back. For a moment he forget to take a breath, lost in her exquisite beauty, her milky skin, illuminating in the moonlight and her brownish tresses shielding her face like a curtain, from his view. He moved towards her and tucked her hairlocks behind her ear.