Chapter-20

Rehti hai mujhe faqt,
Fikr e yaar har waqt.
Aur wo jo kehti hai mujhe Befikr,
khudse bhi jyada,
mujhe rehti hai bas unki hi fikr."

D.S (Stalker of Moon)

______________________________________

All the students were gathered in the laboratory to perform the pathology practicals. The professor has made the group of five five students and appointed one table to each group. Shanzay was grouped with Ayzal, Daisy, Richard and Max. Shanzay got  quite well with Richard now,  he doesn't used to feel irritating to her like before but still she used to maintain a safe distance from him or any other male colleagues of her class.

The professor has turn on the projector and was explaining them about Heamotology - The study of Blood. Then she opened a new slide  to explain the next topic of blood grouping. 

"Students, Do you understand how to perform the practical?" The professor's loud voice boomed in the silent laboratory and all the students shouted," Yes Professor!!!"

"Alright. Now I will show you how to perform it then you can do it afterwards." All the students gathered around the professor forming a circle. Shanzay was standing next to the Professor.

"First we will clean our hand using surgical spirit then prick our finger with the needle and put 3 drops of blood on the slide marked as A, B and O. Then we will add the antigens ...." Professor was saying as well doing the experiment on her own finger. When the Professor was about to prick her finger few students shouted in fear, closing their eyes tightly. Professor looked at them with an angry look, putting the cotton on the area she has pricked the needle.

"It's A positive, right professor?" Shanzay said, after examining the drops of blood on the slide. Professor nodded at her with a smile, patting her shoulder.

"So now go and check your blood group. After 10 minutes I will be sharing a list with your names and Blood group on it. Write your results on it." Saying this the professor dismissed all the students towards their appointed table.

"What's your Blood group?" Shanzay asked to Daisy, who was pricking Max's index finger.

"We are gonna check it. So let's keep it a secret for a while." Daisy replied, putting the cotton ball on Max's finger.

Shanzay cleaned her left hand's index finger, removing the cover from the needle, she was just blankly staring at it.

"What happened Shan? Why are you not do it? Are you trying to figure out how to murder someone with a needle point?" Ayzal said joking, putting the drop of antigens on the drops of blood. Shanzay gulped her saliva in nervousness and shook her head.

"Ayzal, I request you to give me only three drops of your blood and in return I will give get three cups of coffee from your favourite cafe." Shanzay said a sweetly but Ayzal apologised saying, she doesn't have the courage to prick the needle again. Shanzay's face fell down getting the denial from all her buddies. With a heavy heart she closed her eyes and bought the needle close to her finger but the magic happened she didn't felt any pain. She immediately open her eyes  and glance at her finger and found it clean but she saw another huge finger next to hers, out of which blood was oozing out.

Richard quickly put some drops of blood on Shanzay's slide and then on his slide. Shanzay was smiling brightly for his help and said,"Thanks Richard."

"Anything for you." He replied with a warm smile and got busy with doing the further steps of the experiment.