sᴇʀɪᴇs ᴏɴᴇ ꕥ 10

"LIZZIE?"

"COMING!" Lizzie hollered back down the stairs. She sadly ditched her book and slid downstairs to answer her dad's call.

"Yeah?" She asked upon entering the living room, where Flora and her dad were playing Monopoly.

"Can you run up to the shop for me, love? Your mother left a list," her dad told her.

"Okay," Lizzie shrugged. "Is there a lot? Could I take my bike?"

"I don't think there's much, if you take your bag, you'd be able to manage it," her dad smiled rather sadly as he saw his daughter set about getting ready. He was happy that his daughter had learnt to take care of herself, but that had been because he and his wife hadn't been there. Nevertheless, he was proud of Lizzie.

"Dad, it's your turn..." Flora said, handing the die to her father.

"Of course," Robert pulled out of his trance, taking the two die from his second daughter.

Lizzie got the small amount of money her mum had left to pay for the shopping and her supercom, put them in her bag and got her bike from outside. She checked her mum's list;

Shopping:

• Butter
• Bread
• Milk
• Eggs
• Waffles

That wasn't a lot, she would be back in no time, she knew. She picked up her bike and started to ride towards the shop. It was about a ten minute bike journey.

Five minutes in, her supercom started to crackle. Lizzie rolled her eyes and ignored it. She didn't want to talk to Mike right, now, even if he had apologised.

Before she knew it, she had got to the shop, and was just cycling down the road to the bike racks when she saw that police, officials and the shop owners and workers were standing outside the building, looking at the shattered glass that used to be the shop door.

Uh oh, Lizzie thought immediately. El.

As she went closer to investigate, she saw a long, long line of customers waiting for the glass to be cleared.

Lizzie bit her lip as the supercom in her bag started to crackle again. There was at least twenty people in the line in front of her. But to ease her boredom, she set her mind on wondering what had happened to make all the glass in the door fall out.

So, as a shop worker came striding urgently up the line, assuring everyone that the wait wouldn't be much longer, she seized her chance.

"Hey, um, excuse me? What happened here, exactly?"

"Some girl showed up," the man said shrugging. "She took about eight packs of Eggo waffles and refused to pay for them, then slammed the doors on one of our workers. I thought it was just the electrics of the automatic door, but he said it slammed, so we don't know."

"Okay, thank you," Lizzie smiled as the man moved on.

So it was El.

ꕥꕥꕥ

Finally, after a half hour wait, the glass was cleared up and Lizzie was allowed into the shop. She quickly picked up what her mum had asked for, then, with only the waffles left on the list, she went to the freezer where they were stored.

When she got there, she noticed that the amount of them were severely depleted. El must've developed the same obsession she had over the years but in a very small amount of time.

A huge smile fixed on her face, Lizzie took two boxes out the freezer and added them to her basket, then went to the check out.