sᴇʀɪᴇs ᴛᴡᴏ ꕥ 2

That morning, Lizzie got to school early because she had to run by her dad's shop to get her lunch. Her dad run a jumble sale shop, and he had made her lunch that morning and took it with him accidentally.

Anyway, she got to school without her friends after telling them not to wait for her on the supercom. She sighed and sat down on the stone steps in the grounds, waiting for her friends; looking at the people entering the school.

They were just the usuals, the ones that Lizzie knew already.

Until, a new car came speeding round the corner. Inside, she saw the guy driving was in all denim. Hawkins High School was beside the Middle so it made sense that he was there.

But the girl in the passenger seat, that Lizzie presumed was the guy's sister, looked like she would go to Hawkins Middle. She had red hair and a face that said 'I hate everyone'.

The car halted to a stop and the girl got out of it. Lizzie saw that she was carrying a skateboard, and she got on it the next second, skating towards the Middle School.

Lizzie sighed and turned back to the book she had in her hands as this girl came straight towards her, lifting up her skateboard and attempting to get past Lizzie without asking her to move.

She ended up hitting Lizzie's head with her skateboard.

"Argh!" Lizzie cried as she clutched her throbbing head.

The girl didn't even stop, even though Lizzie's eyes were tearing and she was crying out. But the skater just rolled her eyes and walked on.

"You could fucking say sorry!" Lizzie exclaimed, trying to get the girl to turn round.

"Lizzie?" Lizzie looked up to see Dustin walking towards her. "You okay? Who was that girl?"

"An asshole that didn't say sorry when she gave me concussion," Lizzie clenched her fists.

"Concussion?" Dustin asked.

"I was paraphrasing," Lizzie sighed, as a tear fell down her face.

"Oh," Dustin said. "Look, if she's said anything bad to you I'll-"

"No, it's fine!" Lizzie quickly said. She knew what protective Dustin looked like. "She just- hit my head, that's all. It's fine."

"Lizzie, you're crying," Dustin said, cupping Lizzie's cheek and wiping a tear away with his thumb.

"It just throbs a little, okay?" Lizzie said, swiftly wiping the rest of her tears away herself. "Come on, let's go. It's Mr Clarke's class first. Don't you want front row seats?"

"Oh, yes!"

ꕥꕥꕥ

"Meet, the human brain!" Mr Clarke firmly put a model of the brain onto his desk. "I know, I know, it doesn't look right much, a little gross even, right? But consider this. There are a hundred billion cells inside of this miracle of evolution, all working as one! No I did not misspeak, I did not stutter! A hundred... billion!"

Suddenly, the door opened and in came the girl that had accidentally (or, as Dustin thought, deliberately) hit Lizzie earlier, flanked by the Principal.

"Ah, this must be our new student!" Mr Clarke said animatedly.

"Indeed it is, all yours," the Principal said, as the girl started to walk to her seat.

But Me Clarke stopped her. "Alright, hold up. You don't get away that easy! Come on up, don't be shy!"

The girl rolled her eyes and stood up.