sᴇʀɪᴇs ғᴏᴜʀ ꕥ 3

After the fairly eventful night at Hellfire, Lizzie had gone home to find the house empty.

Of course it was. Her mum was working and her dad probably out. It wasn't a school night, and, after Flora's death, he had changed...

So had Lizzie's mother.

They all had.

Anyway, now, it was the next morning, and, after a night of nightmares, Lizzie had gotten up needing some water. She had woken up in a cold sweat, eyes wide.

She had relived the battle again.

But the water had been turned off as work had been going on at the house.

So, very embarrassed, Lizzie had got dressed, had some pills dry then went to the closest place she could. Dustin's.

But before she could, she accidentally turned on the TV, and she was about to turn it off when the news headline appeared-

MURDER IN HAWKINS? - DEAD BODY FOUND AT TRAILER PARK

Lizzie let out a. "Holy shit..." Before scanning to see what she could find out.

Someone, the reporters didn't have a name, had been killed at the trailer park off Kerley. That's where Max moved to after Billy's death.

"And we have received intelligence that it wasn't an actual trailer user that was killed in this tragic event, it was someone from outside who the murderer, no doubt, pulled in..."

Lizzie let out a gasp of relief that it wasn't her friend. She sighed, turning off the TV and racing over to Dustin's, now properly craving water.

"Hey..." He said awkwardly as he opened the knocked-on door. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Lizzie said, though her throat and head were both rough, hurting like a bitch.

And despite Lizzie nodding, Dustin noticed something was wrong too. The bloodshot eyes with bags underneath them... the weird sounding voice... the tear tracks on her cheeks.

But he would continue giving her space, like he had been doing.

He would do anything for her.

"Can I- can I get some water?" She asked, coughing slightly. "My throats feeling rough and the water's been turned off at my house."

"Yeah- er- yeah sure," Dustin let her in, thoroughly confused.

"Lizzie!" Mrs Henderson had been crying, and as she saw the TV, Lizzie knew why. She was watching the murder report.

"Hey," Lizzie said, as Dustin went and got her a glass of water from the kitchen.

"Oh, my heart can't take it anymore, it just can't take it," his mum said, gesturing to the TV.

"Okay, here ya go," Dustin gave Lizzie the glass and she took a big slurp, practically feeling her throat heal.

"Thanks," Lizzie smiled awkwardly.

"You're welcome-"

His voice was interrupted by a knock at the door. Lizzie sighed as Dustin went to get it.

Max stood outside.

For a moment, they looked at each other, then Max said. "I need to talk to... both of you."

Dustin, still surprised, led Max and Lizzie to his room, closing the door firmly behind him.

"Right, what's this about?" Lizzie asked.

Max looked down, swallowing hard."You know the murder?"

"Yeah, no shit, it's all over the news!" Lizzie said, needing to find out what Max knew. Then she realised, face paling. "It took place in the trailer park... do you... was it..."