Chapter 32. It's for the sake of pathos!

Chapter 32.

Third POV.

A man with blond hair and green eyes appeared in the endless black space. He looked around.

- Hmm... Last time Ellis showed me her quantum computer, this wasn't there... What's that?

Otto saw a huge ring not far from himself, with strange symbols symbols on it. The symbols glowed a faint blue color.

- What was that? A spatial gateway? How was Ellis able to create this? I only gave her the resources to develop the Schicksal

- What was that? A spatial gateway? How was Ellis able to create this? I only gave her the resources to develop the Schicksal... Was she stealing from me? 

Otto approached the gate and walked around it. 

- How am I supposed to trigger it? Last time Ellis used the key to travel directly to the Quantum Computer...

He looked around the space around the gate and found a black rectangular monument about a meter high nearby... Maybe a little less...

- Archive, have you ever seen anything like that?

A golden projection of a younger version of Otto Apocalypse appeared next to Otto.

- Hmmm... In my notes, there's Dr. May's research... She studied the possibilities of spatial displacement... A gateway to the quantum sea was created in a past era, but... I can't understand the meaning of these symbols. They are very similar to constellations...

Meanwhile, Otto approached the podium and inspected it. It was smooth and black... But there was a small triangular-shaped hole at the top. Bishop Schicksal looked at this hole, and then took out of his pocket a key that was the same size.

- The key should probably be inserted here... Hmmm...

As soon as he brought the key to the hole, the key broke out of his hand and started hovering over the hole...

- Hmmm... Interesting...

Then the key slowly began to sink into the hole, with various symbols and circuits glowing blue on the key.

When the key went all the way down, blue lines spread out in all directions... At the beginning the blue lines covered the whole podium creating symbols which Otto didn't understand...
In the endless space the blue lines spread all over the floor making a very complex pattern around the spatial gates.