Chapter 37. What the fuck?

In the vast city at night, the streets were silent. Not a single person was in sight. Why? Because a curfew had been declared. Ark City is a highly developed city, one of the largest metropolitan areas in Shenzhou. Recently, for some unknown reason, Honkai beasts began to appear in the city with increasing frequency. 

Of course, they are quickly dealt with by Valkyrie units

Of course, they are quickly dealt with by Valkyrie units. But at night, for the safety of the citizens, a curfew has been imposed.

But not everyone sleeps this night: somewhere a homeless Herrscher walks, somewhere groups of Anti-Entropy and the Far Eastern Branch of the Schicksal are looking for this "homeless" Herrscher, and somewhere...

In one of the dark alleys, of the vast city, one could see a hooded and masked man. It was the Grey Serpent, one of the members of the secret organization. Now, he plays the role of informant in Ark City. 

He was moving toward where Rita Rossweisse, Valkyrie Schicksal and Otto's direct subordinate and vice commander of the Immortal Blades squad, was supposed to be.

The Grey Serpent must make contact with Schicksal in order to implement the plan and launch Project Stigmata.

He moved quietly down the dark alley, but suddenly he heard a voice behind him.

- Uncle, what are you doing here so late at night?

The gray serpent turned sharply and took a defensive stance. In front of him was the pitch black of the alley, because of which he could not see anything. But he could distinguish thermal structures in the darkness, thanks to the thermal imaging camera..... But there was still no one in front of him.

- Who decided to play hide-and-seek with me?

A child's voice still sounded behind him.

- Uncle, who said I was playing hide and seek?

The Grey Serpent did not feel very well. Who can play with him like that? Who is not afraid of death?

He turned around again and looked into the darkness in front. He saw a low heat signature there.

- Come out... I see you.

- Mister, you still haven't answered my question...