Chapter 08

"Thank you, Mr. Arora, we will see you this afternoon"

Arnav concluded the phone conversation with their family lawyer and then he called Akash to his cabin.

"Arnav, what happened?"

"Bhai, I am going to call Di now and we'll talk"

Saying that he called Anjali and put her on speaker.

"Di, Mr. Arora wants three of us and Khushi at his office this afternoon"

"Did you tell Akash about this Arnav?"

"He is here with me Di"

"Ok, what time he wants us there, and what it is regarding?"

"It's about Advay's will. Di, Akash bhai will come and pick you up. I will pick Khushi up and will meet you two there"

"Otherwise, I can ask Shyam to drop me off. Why bother Akash"

Arnav signaled Akash to talk.

"No no Di, I have to come home anyway so I will pick you up"

"And Di, don't bother Jiju with all these yet. We can let him know when he is home tonight"

Saying that Arnav disconnected the call.

"Arnav, why did you stop Di from coming with Jiju and why didn't you want him to know about the will yet?"

"Bhai, I don't think Jiju is who is seems to be. There is something about him"

Then Arnav explained the whole conversation he had with Shyam about Khushi.

"It was so weird bhai. He seems to be a little too obsessed with making sure Khushi is out of the house"

"I found that too Arnav. Remember that day he was so keen on knowing how are we going to fund her and what happens if she remarry"

"I know, that's why I thought, for the time being, we should keep things from him"

Akash left the office a little early to pick up Anjali. Arnav finished all his pending work and left the office around 3. They do not need to be at the lawyer's office until 4.30. But he wanted to go and check up on Khushi to know who she is meeting after lectures today.

"Khushi, leave the bag with me, I'll wait here. You go and meet him. Take your time"

"Are you Lavanya? I mean, if you want to go, you can"

"No, no, that's fine. You go and meet him, I will wait here. All the best"

Khushi left her bag with Lavanya and headed towards the meeting room. She forgot that her phone was also inside the bag.

Arnav reached the campus, parked his car, and texted Khushi.

"I am here, we need to go somewhere so come out now"

Usually, she responds to his texts either by replying or running toward the car. But today, as he expected neither happened and it was been over 10 mins. Furious was an understatement to describe his mode. He jumped out of the car and walked towards the campus. This time instead of texting her, he called her.

Lavanya who had Khushi's bag ignored the message tone but when she heard to constant ringing she couldn't ignore it anymore. She took the phone out of the bag and saw who is calling.

"Hel...."

"Where the hell are you Khushi?"

"Hello"

"Hello, who is this?"

"Hi Mr. Arnav, this Lavanya here. Khushi's friend"

"Hello, can you pass the phone to her?"