Chapter 14

As usual, Arnav and Khushi at by the poolside with their coffees.

"I was never a coffee drinker. You are a bad influence on me"

"You started copying me, I never asked you to drink coffee"

"How smart. Anyway, tell me everything. I have never waited for this eagerly for anyone ever"

"How sweet, I feel honored that you were so eagerly waiting for me. What else a man wants than to have a beautiful woman waiting for him at home after a long day at work"

Khushi blushed at his comment. He called her beautiful without calling her beautiful. But soon she came back to her senses.

"Sometimes I feel like smacking the shit out of you. This was too much, even for you"

"Congratulations on your first abusive word"

"See, I told you, you are indeed a bad influence on me. Now, please stop all this nonsense and tell me what happened?"

"I left the office, as usual, to pick you up. But then I got a call from my assistant saying Shyam is there to meet me. I knew something is wrong because he would never come like this"

"Then"

"Then I called bhabhi and asked her to pick you up, and went back to the office. But I didn't tell anyone that I am coming back. By the time I was back, my assistant has gone for the day. But my office room was open"

"I thought your assistant usually lock the door before she goes"

"She does, and I am sure she did today as well. But someone else opened it after she left"

"What?"

"Yes Khushi, only dad, Advay bhai, Di, and Akash bhai had copies of the master key card. The doors like built in a way that you can lock them without a key, but you can't open them without one. When dad died, they gave his key to Shyam because he sort of took over dad's work. I got Advay's key after I took after his work"

"But I thought Shyam worked at his dad's office and he only helped you all to sort a few things out at your office. So why give him a copy of the master key?"

"He knows how to manipulate people and use them for his own gain. This is what happened when Di and he got married. They didn't live with us before"

"Actually, I wanted to know about that too, why is he living here, not living at his house with Di? Don't get me wrong, I am glad Di is with us"

"They used to live at his place. They were happy over there. Then my dad's health started decreasing and Di would spend most of her time here helping him while Shyam went to Raizada group to help Advay bhai. My dad was in a paralysis coma for a long time and that's when they moved back to Raizada's house"

"Why didn't I know about this?"

"Di was always there with our dad and we got all the good specialists we can find to help dad. We have lost all our hope but he bounced back. I guess half the credit goes to the doctors and the other half goes to Di. She didn't lose hope"

"Yes, she has a positive effect on people"

"At first we were impressed with Shyam. He broke the stereotype and moved into her house. We were proud of his progressive thinking. But now that I look back, I am sure he did all this for his own personal gain"

"He took advantage of Di's situation"

"Yes Khushi, by the time my dad got better we were so used to having Di around. Di was like a mother to all of us. So we didn't want her to go back"