Chapter 32

Arnav, Akash, and Rohan waited for their plan's last part to work.

"I'll be back. Need to call Payal and see if everything is ok over there"

"Yeah, sure bhai. Go ahead, anyway, I don't think...."

Arnav couldn't complete his sentence because they were distracted by the doorbell. 

"Spoken too soon"

Saying that Rohan went to open the front door. However, his eyes widened when he saw who was outside the door.

"Khushi? And Anjali?"

"Rohan bhai, what are you doing here?"

Khushi answered the question from a question.

"I... I came to meet Arnav and Akash"

"Both of us have forgotten the house keys at home. Thanks for opening the door. But why do you look surprised to see us?"

"No, no, nothing like that Anjali"

Khushi looked at Anjali and they both knew something was up. Arnav and Akash were supposed to have a business dinner tonight, but here they have Rohan instead. By the look of it, all the house helps have gone home for the day.

"How can you host a business dinner without anyone to help them?"

Was the question on both Anjali and Khushi's minds.

Khushi left Anjali and Rohan and marched right into the living room. Aranv and Akash who were expecting to see someone else got shocked by seeing Khushi marching toward them. Aranv was the first to gather himself.

"Khushi, you are home"

"Yes, I am. First Rohan bhai, now you? Why do you guys look like we caught you doing something wrong?"

"What? We were just having a normal catch-up"

"Sir, everything is done over there, now we just need him...oh hello Miss. Khushi "

Aman walked into the living room nearly exposing the plan. But he quickly rephrased seeing Khushi standing next to Arnav.

Anjali and Rohan also walked into the living room. Poor Akash looked around to see Payal but he couldn't see her.

"Payal?"

"Jiju, she stayed back. Puja is not finished yet but we came home early"

"Ruhaan?"

Rohan was worried about where Ruhaan is.

"Don't worry Rohan. Lavanya attended the Puja so Ruhaan has gone home with her. He was tired so she took her home a few hours ago. I wasn't feeling well enough to attend the puja so we both came home. I didn't want to ruin that happy environment with my gloominess"

"Oh, well... thanks. I will let him stay with them tonight. Ruhaan should spend some time with his relatives"

"Now, can someone tell me what is going on here? You were supposed to have a work dinner here. I can only see three of you and Aman. Where is your international client?"

"Di, Arnav and I... Rohan just...."

"Akash, stop blabbering and tell us what is going on here. If you guys wanted to have like a guys' time or something, you could have told us. Isn't it Khushi?"

"Yes, Di. You all work hard so you deserve some time away. All you had to do was to ask, why all this secrecy? And the lies?"

Arnav walked toward Khushi.

"Khushi, let me explain....."

But before he could finish they heard the doorbell.

"Were you expecting company?"