Chapter 29

Arnav was the first to enter Anjali's room following Khushi. Both saw Ruhaan standing next to Anjali and Anjali was crying and wheezing and looked terrified.

"Di, Di, what happened?"

Instead of answering Khushi, Anjali hugged her and started crying hard making her shorten her breaths.

Arnav walked to Ruhaan and sat next to him.

"Ruhaan, champ. Did you see what happened?"

"I woke up from our evening and nap and saw aunt Anjali's phone ringing. So I woke her up. She answered the phone and in a few minutes she started breathing hard, then she started crying. Did I do something wrong uncle Arnav?"

"No champ. You did nothing wrong. Can you do me a favor?"

"Yes"

"I started this new game xxxxxxx on my PS5 and I can't seem to pass the current level. Do you think you can pass that for me?"

"I am already in the last level of that game. I can finish this level for you"

"Perfect"

Arnav took Ruhaan to his room and turned on the game for him. Arnav knew that will keep him busy and he will not have to witness whatever is going on with Anjali.

Arnav walked back into Anjali's room but her situation has not changed a bit.

"Arnav I tried asking her but she is not answering. What should we do?"

"Pass me her phone"

"What?"

"Do as I say, Khushi, pass me her phone"

Khushi took the phone that was on her side and tossed it to Arnav. Arnav unlocked the phone and checked the call history.

"That son of a *****"

"Arnav! Language"

"Khushi, I know why she is behaving like this. It's Javed"

"What? What does he have to do anything with Di's situation"

"That I don't yet. But she got a call from Javed and that call made her like this. Di, please we are here for you. Please tell me what happened?"

"Yes Di, don't worry. No matter what, we are here"

Khushi also assured Anjali. Anjali took a few minutes to get back into her pace and took a deep breath.

"You are right Arnav. That wad Javed"

"But Di, why did he say?"

Asked confused Arnav.

"Shyam... Shyam...."

"Di, Shyam what?"

"Javed said... He... he..."

"Di, compose yourself"

Saying that Khushi handed her a glass of water. Anjali took a sip and continued.

"Those black market people to whom Shyam owed money paid Javed to kill him"

"What? I mean his death was an accident"

Said, Khushi.

"Well, Rohan and I both felt Javed might be behind this and he might have done that purposely"

Arnav said informing his conversation with Rohan.

"That's not the problem we have Arnav"

Both Arnav and Khushi were confused as to what is Anjali trying to say.