Chapter 33

"Special Officer Nithin Kumar, crime branch. You have right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you in court and one more thing, there are three police cars with two officers in each guarding outside so don't even think to act smart"

Anjali and Khushi looked at each other, then looked at the three guys, then looked at Shyam, and again looked at each other.

"What just happened?"

Before Anrav could answer Khushi, Aman came out from the pillar holding a mobile phone.

"It's all recorded Sir"

"Great work Aman. Now email that to NK and the commissioner. Copy it to three of us as well"

"Ok Sir"

Saying that Aman walked into the study room. While the rest of them turned to Shyam when they heard him screaming.

"Arnav don't think you won. Just because an officer on duty was here doesn't mean you have proof. I will come back and this time, I am not going to give you an option"

"Mr. Jha, this is my final warning to you, I am not going to remind you your rights again. The rest is up to you"

Arnav looked at Shyam before saying,

"Oh, Shyam, that's where you underestimated us. NK is not even going to testify. He doesn't need to"

Shyam was a little taken aback when he heard Arnav and then he saw the grinning teeth of Akash and Rohan.

"What do you mean?"

"It's all on record. Even that heart-to-heart you and I just had"

Said, Arnav.

"But.. but... how?"

"Because we planned all this. We knew you were taking advantage of Payal's situation so we told her the things we wanted you to know"

Akash said giving a victorious smile.

"But how? You are lying. Payal told me she never told you that we are talking. You are bluffing, you are trying to make me admit things so that you can record now. I am not going to fall for it"

Arnav walked toward Shyam and looked directly into his eyes.

"Do I look like bluffing? And who do you think NK is? He is not roaming around hunching out bluffs. He was here for reason"

Rohan walked toward Arnav.

"Arnav, I think we should start from the beginning. Even Anjali and Khushi would love to know, aren't you?"

They both node yes to Rohan's question because neither of them had anything words to express the confusion.

Akash, Rohan, Khushi, and Anjali took a seat while Arnav started explaining.

"When we came out of your office that day we were confused. But one thing we knew was we had a mole inside this house. So as anyone would do, we started analyzing who could that be. You, however, gave us the biggest clue to crack this"

"Me?"

Shyam didn't know what else to ask.

"Yes, you. You said you have your ways of knowing things but your ways didn't work when we executed our previous plan, you didn't know Khushi was acting or Di is on to you. What you knew was the basics like Payal getting pregnant or about Khushi and me. That's when we understood whoever is giving you information is not a mole but a communicator. That person was sharing day-to-day information with you without meaning to harm anyone"