Chapter 26

Khushi's eyes widened. She was expecting him to say anything but this. Although this was what her heart wanted to hear, this was not something her mind was ready to listen to.

"Arnav, I have told you this before, and telling you again, do not say things you don't mean"

Arnav closed the gap between them and took her two hands in his.

"Khushi, I admit I hated you when I first came. But gradually I began to understand you, to get to know you, and then realized how pure your soul is. Therefore, I couldn't help myself coming close to you"

"Please Arnav, leave me alone"

"No Khushi, I stood here listening to you so now it's your turn"

Saying that he looked into her eyes.

"I didn't make my way to your heart because I felt sorry for you, I made my way to your heart because that is where my heart belongs"

Khushi was trying her best to stay still but she could feel her legs getting wobbly.

"It was not my choice to stand by you day and night, it was my heart's way of expressing my devotion to you"

She grabbed Arnav's shirt for support as whatever he was saying was too much for her to handle.

"And yes, I did kiss you like there was no tomorrow. That was because there is no tomorrow for me if you are not in my arms. My tomorrow belongs to you, Khushi"

Tears started coming down her cheeks. These words are making her heart go weak, his eyes are making her soul melt.

"I agree that I said I don't want to get married or be in a committed relationship. I agree I wanted us to stay away from each other and I agree that I said there is no future for us but staying away from you this week made me realize nothing matters if you are not with me"

He took a few seconds before continuing.

"Khushi, I didn't say I will marry you because I thought no one else will marry you. I said I will marry you because there is no one else in this world whom I want to marry other than you. Marriage is not something I believed in until I met you. I wanted to show the whole world you as my wife"

She had to marry Advay because he wanted to hide her from the rest of the world but Arnav wants to marry her to show her to the world. Today Khushi understood why people say siblings are like five fingers. Each is different than the other.

"I don't think you are a game, Khushi. I am an idiot. I have never been in love before I didn't know what love is. So I thought whatever decision I was taking I was doing us good. But waking up alone in that country without having you around to bring me coffee or to keep me company made me realize I don't want to be alone anymore"

Khushi was sobbing hard. She never thought someone would love her this much.

"Khushi, I want you in my life. I want to wake up next to you. I want to sleep next to you. I want to share my day with you. I want to have kids with you. More than anything I want to build my life with you in it. I love you, Khushi, nothing in this world can change my love for you"

Khushi didn't waste any seconds and hugged him as tight as she can. She didn't know how desperately she wanted to hear these three words from his mouth until now. Her heart was pounding with love. She wanted to shout to the world that she loved him. But she couldn't find words.

Arnav felt a little worried when she didn't answer him. She hugged him and cried her heart out. But neither accepted his love nor declined it. He was hanging in between. Maybe he should give her some time to digest his words. They were quite deep and heavy.