Chapter 20

"Khushi, were you harvesting coffee beans to make the coffee?"

"I what?"

"I have never seen anyone taking this long to make a coffee"

"Sorry, I got distracted"

Lavanya looked at Khushi and saw a glimpse of sadness on her face.

"Khushi, what happened? Is everything ok?"

"I am good Lavanya, it's just.... no nothing."

"You were going to say something. Tell me. Did you Arnav have a fight?"

A fight was the last thing they had. Khushi wished she can share her feelings with Lavanya. But she was afraid. Afraid that Lavanya will make fun of her for taking their jokes so seriously. No one would want Arnav to end up with a person like Khushi.

At an age where other people start their lives, she almost ended hers. Arnav is an overachiever where as Khushi has achieved nothing. She was afraid to face rejection.

"No, it's not like that. I felt emotional thinking of Payal Bhabhi. She is so lucky to have someone like Akash bhai"

"Khushi, you can't think of yourself as unlucky. I mean look at you, your in-laws are helping you to achieve your dreams. Di, bhabhi, Akash bhai, and specially Arnav. They are standing with you like pillars. What happened was just a bad phase. You cannot plan your life ahead just because of that"

"Forget it, Lavanya. Today is a day everyone should be happy. Come on, let's finish the decorations"

"Oh, it's done. I think we should go and change now. Have you decided what to wear?"

"Not really, what about you?"

"I am going for a dress. I bought two in case you want to have a look"

"Thanks, Lavanya, I don't think I am going to be comfortable in a dress with all the other guests around"

"Di said it's only close family and friends. I saw the guest list, Khushi, we don't even have 30 people"

"But still, I think I should wear something I feel comfortable with. Please don't be angry"

"No, you are right. Go for it girl"

"Come on, let's go"

"You go ahead, I will go and grab Ruhaan. He'll need help in getting ready"

Khushi went to her room while Lavanya walked toward the dining area where she saw Ruhaan and Anjali enjoying themselves. Lavanya has never seen Anjali this happy. Even Ruhaan looks comfortable around her.

"Di, I hope he did trouble you much?"

"He is such a sweetheart aren't you Ruhaan?"

"Yes, La aunty. She fed me all kinds of ice cream"

"Ok, now come on let's get ready"

"Can she help me to get ready aunty La?"

"Ruhaan baby, she needs to get ready too so be a good boy and come"

"Actually Lavanya, if you don't mind I am happy to help him get ready"

"But Di, Jiju will be there so"

"No no, he had to go out of town for his business or that's what he claimed. This is the reason I planned this party today so that no negativity will be around"

"If it's not too much trouble for you then"

"I would be more than happy. Come on Ruhaan, let's go and get ready to party"