Chapter 13

"Khushi, wake up. The lecture is finished, and you slept through most of it"

"Come on Lavanya, please let me rest. While you were enjoying family time during the semester break, I had sleepless nights"

"What were you doing?"

"It's just Arnav..."

"Oh, so he kept you awake all the nights. Impressive. By the way, if you don't mind sharing, what were you guys doing? But only share the G-rated parts, keep the R-rated for yourself"

"Shut up Lavanya, not everything is funny"

Khushi then explained all that happened with Shyam, how they found out about his truth, and how Anjali is suspicious of him. But She purposely ignored mentioning her growing closeness with Arnav.

"What? Really? It's sad Khushi. I mean, Anjali Di is basically living with a cheater"

"I know Lavanya, but Arnav is right, we need some kind of proof. Otherwise, it's his word against Shyam's"

"I don't know Khushi, but you be careful. Shyam does not sound like a person to interact with"

"I have been avoiding him as much as I can"

Lavanya felt bad for Khushi. Her life gets strangled into one problem after other. But at least this time she is not alone. Arnav is there to help and support her.

"It's good Arnav believe you. Otherwise, imagine if he thought you are with Shyam"

"He did think of that first, but we were able to talk it through. I am glad he is not impulsive"

"Anyway, let me know if I can be of any help. Come on, let's go out and I will give you my notes"

Khushi was glad she has a friend like Lavanya with whom she can share everything with. The 7 month she was married was extra hard for her because she didn't have anyone to share anything with

Anjali and Payal were there, but they were Advay's family. She couldn't share her frustration about Advay with his family. Khushi's chain of thoughts was broken when she heard her phone.

"Looks like your Arnav is here to pick you up"

"First of all, the text is from Payal bhabhi, and second of all, he is not my Arnav"

"At least for now. Never say never, Khushi"

"Shut up Lavanya. Have you ever heard of a word called, silent? You should try it sometimes"

"Ha ha, very funny"

"Oh, I should go now Lavanya, Payal bhabhi is here to pick me up. It's strange. Hope everything is OK"

"Why are you sad your Arnav is not here to pick you up?"

"For god sake, Lavanya, for once, keep your thoughts for yourself. This has never happened so I was worried. Anyway, I will see you tomorrow, bye"

Khushi rushed toward the car park to see Payal with their driver parked by the pickup point.

"Bhabhi, is everything ok? How is everything at your home?"

"They are all fine Khushi"

"You came all the way here to pick me up? Bhabhi, I can manage. You will have to drop me off first, then go back to your place, that's a hassle"

"No, we were planning on coming today. Akash left for work and he was going to come home with Arnav and I called Mohan to pick me up. Then Arnav called me and asked me to pick you up as something urgent came up"

Khushi sat next to Payal and the driver started driving toward Raizada's house. Payal kept talking about how happy she was to get some time with her parents yet how she missed Raizada's house but Khushi's mind was circulating around Arnav.