Chapter 19

Anjali and Khushi were busy running around arranging everything. After planning for two days, they managed to put on a party for Payal. Payal and Akash are coming back from her parent's house today so the party will surprise her.

"Khushi, call Lavanaya and see how far she is"

"Di, I forgot to tell you, she is running a little late"

"What? I wanted her to come early. Why is she running late?"

"Her cousin brother, the divorce lawyer I told you about, he has her on baby duty. It was his off day but he got called into the court so she is babysitting her 6-year-old nephew until her cousin is back. But she said he should be back in a few hours"

"Few hours? No, She is the only one who knows how to make that garland at the entrance. It's not something she can finish in a few minutes. So she needs to be here now or else the main entrance will be empty"

"I can try to do it Di"

"No Khushi, we don't have extra balloons or the pins so we shouldn't try to do it. I have an idea, why don't you ask her to bring her nephew here? I can keep an eye on him until she finishes this"

"I will ask her Di"

Khushi called Lavanya and at the same time, Arnav called Anjali.

"Di, I am leaving now. Do you want me to bring anything on my way home?"

"I think I have everything here with me. But wait, give me a second"

Then Anjali turned around and asked,

"Khushi, is she coming?"

"Yes Di, she will come as soon as her driver is back. Won't be long"

"Tell her not to worry about the driver. Arnav will come and pick her up"

"Aranv? But..."

"Just tell her"

Anjali took her phone and asked Arnav to pick up Lavanya and her nephew on his way and disconnected the call.

Khushi didn't like where this is heading. She knew Lavanya wouldn't do anything to hurt her and Arnav has been pretty consistent with his support for her. But no one can predict feelings. What if this newfound friendship between Arnav and Lavanya will end up costing Khushi a fortune?

Ever since she texted Lavanya, her mind was all around the place. She kept on looking at the time, then at her phone, and then at the front door.

"Khushi, are you waiting for something or do you need to go somewhere?"

"No Di, why?"

"Because you keep looking at the clock and the front door"

"I was just wondering where Lavanya is Di. We don't have much time"

Anjali understood what Khushi's problem is and she tried he best to hide her smile.

"Relax Khushi, it has only been 10 minutes or less. Give them at least 30 minutes or so"

"Oh, I was so occupied with these arrangements and I miss counted the time"

However, Khushi couldn't concentrate on anything. Why are they taking so long? Are they going somewhere else? Why did Arnav offer to pick Lavanya up?

These are the only things that were on her mind until she heard the front door open. Anjali walked toward the front living area and Khushi followed her. She saw Lavanya and Arnav entering and then she saw the cutest thing ever.

"Hi Ruhaan, can you remember me? Aunty Khushi?"

The kid looked around for a second and hid behind Lavanya.