FIFTY SIX

"And you both don't want to end him?" Oh, how the tide had turned.

"And let another wannabe hero take his place? He is about to break, and when he does, his moral compass will either force him to take his life or he will just drink himself to death. Either way I don't give a flying two fucks." He picked a fight, and now he was going to lose.

"Bloody wonderland," he said again with a smile. There was a knock at the door, before I could reply.

"Enter," I called out and in walked my mother dressed in a beautiful long-sleeved, green dress. "You look beautiful mother," I said, standing up to greet her.

She kissed my cheek. "Thank you, son. I came to tell you that there are two officers at our door. They're asking to speak with you. I thought I would let you know personally. This is the third time, Taehyung. I'm not pleased."

Rule Sixteen: Never displease your mother.

"Call my wife."

"No need." Y/N stepped inside, making me want to drop to my knees and kiss her feet. She was an absolute vision in the long, strapless white dress she wore. She looked like a goddess or an angel, and I felt lucky to even stand before her.

"Father, Mother, thank you. However, my wife and I have some business to attend to. We shall meet you at the wedding."

"Please send the officers in," my Y/N replied as she walked, more like glided, toward me.

Taking her hand, I kissed it once my parents were gone. "You look beyond beautiful."

"Save your flattery and tell me we are going to kill these sons of bitches for returning here." She glared as she fixed my hair.

There was another knock at the door, and I smirked at her.

"Let's find out." I grinned, walking to my desk. "Enter." Sadly it wasn't the commissioner, but his  sidekick along with another broad-shouldered man with orange hair.

"No commissioner? I'm insulted." I turned to Y/N who only glared at them.

"The city is a bit too chaotic for him to make it," sidekick guy said. "As you know I—"

"We don't care. What do you want?" Y/N asked, looking at the younger man next to the sidekick.

"We're here to wave the white flag," the orange-haired man declared.

I felt my brow rise and a smirk curl my lip. When I looked over to Y/N, she frowned. Of course she would, white flags weren't her forte.

Stepping toward the man, I looked him over. "You're not native Korean."

"Yes, Mr. Kim."

"Who the fuck forgot to recruit you?" I snickered. Most of all the Irish-born natives in the damn state worked for me in some form.