SIXTY EIGHT

"Tae. . ." was all I could say before I drifted back into the darkness.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"Mr. Kim, don't worry. We have the best doctors operating on your wife. If there is anything—and I mean anything—" Grabbing her by the neck, I slammed her body against the wall.

"Are you flirting with me, Dr. Lee?" Her eyes widened in fear, as she tried her best to pull my hand away from her very narrow throat. I only squeezed tighter. "Are you flirting with me while some idiot is sewing my wife back together? Tell me you aren't so I don't have to rip your head from your shoulders, you classless, low-life, idiotic bitch!"

"Please," she cried, kicking her feet wildly.

"Taehyung, we are in public," my mother whispered behind me.

"So? Who are you going to call?" I turned to the rest of the hospital staff. "I own this motherfucking hospital, and I own this fucking city. If you didn't know it before, you know it now!"

Turning to the bitch as she turned blue, I glared into her eyes. "Never come near me again or I swear on the head of your mother and father, I will kill you."

Dropping her on the ground, I took my seat again, pulling out a cigarette as my father handed me a lighter while mother frowned. It was the only thing that could calm me down now. Jin held on to Jisoo for dear life. Namjoon kept staring at Eunha as if she could disappear at any moment. I knew they were still fighting or whatever the fuck they were doing, but they would be fine. Despite the fact that she wasn't looking at him, she did allow him to hold her hand. The only ones who truly seemed calm were my parents, but I knew it was simply due to the fact that they had done this before. It wasn't the first time we had lost a child because of the Song, but it would be the last. I would make sure of it. I did my best not to think about it. But it left a burn in my chest and made my blood boil.

The moment the surgeon came out, we were all on our feet.

"Don't waste words. How is she?"

"Mr. Kim, your wife is fine and is now in her room. We did everything we could for the child, but . . ."

Turning away from him, I nodded at Namjoon and Jin who already knew no one but family and her doctors were to enter that room.

"Thank you, doctor."

"Jeon, sir, Dr. Jeon Jungkook," he said quickly, shaking my hand. I tried to leave but my mother held on to me.

"Everyone go. We need a moment." She said it in such a way that none of us could even bring ourselves to argue. I had never heard so much anger roll off her tongue. She and my father shared a quick glance before she pulled me off to the side.

"Mother, whatever it—"

"Right now, this very moment, will define you and your marriage forever," she said. In her eyes, all I saw was pain. "The wife you once knew is not going to be the same woman you see when you walk into the room. Imagine that Y/N 'the Boss' is simply asleep and how you react will define how long she remains so. She needs to mourn."