19. Demons, deals, and regrets

JAMES

The night had been wholly unpredictable in so many ways. I did not expect her to show up at my doorstep in heat, nor how addicted I had become to the taste of her. Hell, the mere thought of her was like a drug to me. And when she followed me into the bathroom, watching me pleasure myself as I fantasised about fucking her delicious mouth... I completely lost it. 

It took all my willpower not to take her right then and there, and mark her in every fucking way I could, inside and out.

One step at a time, though.

My mate had given me an out to my predicament, whether she knew it or not. A way to get this soul-sucking deal over and done with, while I still got to have her, and goddess, did I plan to enjoy every fucking moment of it.

I could feel her breath catch in her throat as she waited for me to finish, but instead of words, I handed her the papers I held in my hands.

"What is this?" She flicked through them with an inquisitive look in her eyes, her gaze finding mine again. The look she gave me was enough to make my cock twitch yet again.

"You wanted me to give us a chance, little wolf. That's what I'm doing."

"I don't understand," she said, her voice trembling slightly.

"This is your chance to explore your desires, Lili. An opportunity for you to discover your limits and your kinks."

Her pulse raced as the possibilities flooded her mind. "My limits?"

"Mark what you would like to try, and what is an absolute no-go. Your hard limits. Anything that you might be willing to try under the right circumstances, you can mark as a soft limit."

Her eyes bore into the paper, and I watched her as she read through the list, taking in every expression and reaction. Her face lit up with excitement and apprehension as she considered each item. But I didn't miss the slight trembling in her fingertips as she nervously traced over every line.

"Take all the time you need. No need to rush." My tone was stern as I stepped closer to her and leaned down, my lips only inches from her ear. "And you need to rest, little wolf–don't make me say it again."

I moved away to grab a pair of boxers and some clothes from the chest of drawers and slipped them on, getting ready to head out.

"Are you leaving?" There was a hint of worry in her tone. The lust haze she was under earlier had been intense, even for me, so there was no surprise that she didn't want to stay on her own. There was no way I was going to let that happen, anyway–I wasn't going to let anyone come near her.

"Just for a little while. I need to get some stuff from town. But I'd already asked Rai to come and stand guard outside, so no one will bother you while I am gone. Don't worry."

Her cheeks burned bright red, her slender fingers tugging the cover to hide herself. "You mean she was out there the entire time while we..."

My lips curled into a knowing smirk. I could see the worry in her eyes, the fear of what others would think of her wanton actions driving her to distraction. She worried about other people too much, in general, but I liked the fact that this time it was others hearing her moan and scream that she was concerned about. Still, I was determined to make her realise that there was nothing to be ashamed of. If it was up to me, the whole fucking skulk could know that I was pleasuring and satisfying my mate. Hell, the whole world could listen to us.

"Trust me, Lili–by the time we are finished with this little exploration, you won't even care who's listening or watching. All that will matter is you screaming my name while you fall apart on my cock."