24. Omega 🌶️

JAMES

Natalia's voice quivered as she spoke, her hands trembling at her sides. "James, what does that mean?"

"That she has lost control of her animal instincts." I struggled to maintain my composure, a storm of emotions churning within me, threatening to overwhelm my resolve. "She is in a feral state, unable to shift back to human form."

The colour drained from her face as she grasped the gravity of the situation. "What can we do to help her?"

"I don't know," I admitted, my shoulders slumping under the crushing weight of helplessness. "But I need to go to my family."

The decision tore at me, splitting me between my concern for Natalia's heat and my responsibility to my sister. I watched her furrow her brow and bite her lower lip, evidently wrestling with the implications as well.

"I'll go with you," she whispered, the tenderness resonating within me as gratitude swelled in my chest.

My voice was thick with emotion when I spoke again. "Thank you."

We packed swiftly and set off, tension filling the car. As I sped down the motorway, my foot pressing the accelerator, I tried to divide my attention between the road and Natalia, my gut twisted with anxiety and protectiveness.

The car's engine purred beneath us, our shallow breaths a faint accompaniment as we drove. Natalia's sudden gasp cut through the quiet, her body trembling beside me. Her heat had been simmering underneath the surface ever since we left the skulk, the mounting pressure now threatening to spill over, consuming her. The intensity of her lust haze amplified, and I knew she needed relief.

"I'll find a place to stop, Lili," I tried to reassure her, but we were on the motorway and even if it was night-time, fucking her in the car on the side of the road would not have gone down well. "Can you hold on?"

"Keep driving, James," she urged, her voice strained. "Your sister needs you."

I clenched the steering wheel, conflicted between my concern for Natalia and my need to reach Sara. "Are you sure you'll be alright?"

A burning rage directed at both myself and the cruel twists of fate threatened to consume me. Why did everything have to fall apart at the same time? My sister lost control of her fox, and my mate was in heat. What more could go wrong?

As if sensing my inner conflict, Natalia gave a determined nod. "Yes, focus on getting to your sister. We'll deal with this later."

Beads of sweat dotted Natalia's forehead as I kept driving, her cheeks flushed while she shifted in the passenger seat, clearly struggling to suppress her mounting need. My eyes flicked between the road ahead and the woman beside me. Her laboured breathing alone was enough of a sign that her heat was becoming more difficult to bear.

When her hands moved to her chest, clawing at her shirt, I knew I couldn't leave her in this state. I had to do something, anything, to help her through this, even if it meant driving with one hand.

"Close your eyes, Natalia. Focus on the sound of my voice. Let my words envelop you like a warm embrace."

I stroked her thigh gently, the warmth of her body radiating through the denim fabric. "You're so beautiful," I murmured. "So perfect. Let yourself go, Natalia. Let me take care of you."

She let out a primal moan as I leaned closer, my lips inches from her ear. "Can you feel my hands already exploring your body? Every curve, every dip. Feel how I'm trailing my tongue across your neck as I savour the sweet taste of your skin. My hot breath against your skin, teasing you, before I pin you down and take control. You can surrender to your deepest desires and experience pleasure that transcends your wildest fantasies," I whispered, desire evident in my tone as another shiver ran through her frame.