23. Good vibrations 🌶️🌶️

NATALIA

A whirlwind of excitement and anxiety pulsed through me on our journey to Windfire, my anticipation and yearning intensifying. My earlier acceptance of the challenge had been impulsive, and now a shiver of unease swept over me. But I refused to back down.

James kept stealing glances at me as he drove, a smug grin gracing his lips. The thought of him being in control sent tingles down my spine. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" I asked, my smile playful as I faced him.

"Immensely," he replied, mischief sparkling in his eyes. "But don't worry, little wolf, I promise to take care of you."

When we arrived at Windfire, Riley was already waiting for us at the door. "Nat, you had us so worried," she exclaimed, hugging me tightly before pulling away with a grin. "But judging by that radiant glow, I see that James is looking after you."

"Riley," my mate acknowledged. "It's good to see you."

"It's great to see you as well, James." Riley's eyes shifted to him, her smile unwavering. "Even more so now that we know you're Natalia's mate. I trust I don't need to tell you that if you hurt her, you'll have all three of us coming after you, right?"

Her words caught me off guard, making me nearly choke. Her face radiated happiness, yet her voice carried a deadly undertone. I was certain James understood her warning.

"Riley!" I exclaimed.

James' hand gently settled on my lower back, comforting me with his tender touch. "It's okay, little wolf," he said, smirking confidently. "I anticipated this kind of speech from your brother, but it only makes sense that the rest of his triad shares the sentiment. I'm more than prepared for it."

"Wonderful." Riley's expression softened into a sincere smile. "Now that we're all on the same page, let's head to our private wing for dinner. This baby mama is starving," she added, motioning for us to follow her.

As we walked through the tribe house, it felt like the place was empty, despite the presence of numerous people.

"Where is everyone?" I asked Riley as we ascended the stairs.

"Your brother arranged for all the unmated tribe members to have a movie night at the open-air cinema," she replied, grinning. "We thought it was for the best, and everyone was excited to go out, to be honest. Your mother decided to join them as well."

Warmth and guilt washed over me, realising the lengths my family had gone to ensure my heat didn't cause any issues. Even with the masker James had provided, the scent of my heat and the arousal it induced would have been overwhelming for the unmated tribe members, driving them mad—just as it had with the foxes when I'd sought James's help. And yet, I couldn't help feeling responsible for disrupting everyone's evening.

A tender peck graced the top of my head, and as I turned, I saw James' comforting expression while he gently squeezed my hand. "I've got you, Lili," he whispered in my ear, the once-hated nickname now causing butterflies to flutter in my stomach.

We entered the dining room, where Aiden and Rafe were already waiting. My brother smiled warmly, and I hugged Aiden, comforted by his familiar presence.

"It's so good to see you, Aiden," I murmured, and he chuckled softly, warmth in his voice.

"We're glad you came, Nat. We've all been worried about you."

Taking my seat at the table, I was conscious of the remote-controlled vibrator nestled between my thighs, a constant reminder of James's intentions for the evening. My heart raced in anticipation, a wicked thrill surging through me.