32. No coincidences 🌶️🌶️

JAMES

"No, I won't let you push me away." Natalia's gaze hardened, her eyes twin flames of defiance. "I'm no bloody damsel."

She surged forward, her hands cradling my face as she closed the gap between us, her touch electric against my skin. For a fleeting moment, I let myself remember how it felt to be lost in her light. Then the present came crashing back, and with it the urge to flee, to spare her the ruin to come.

"Does this feel like a mistake to you?" The words rumbled in her throat, rich with purpose.

But before I could answer, she pulled me in, her body pressing close as her lips sought mine with a hunger that stole my breath, scattering my thoughts and shattering any resistance I had left.

She kissed me with fierce determination; demanding, asserting. There was no hint of hesitation, no whisper of vulnerability, just a raw, primal need that echoed through me. As her tongue explored, staking her claim, she made it clear she wasn't here to be consoled or placated.

"I chose you," she whispered, the words punctuated by the panting of her breath, "and I will fight for you, even if you refuse to fight for yourself."

"You don't understand..." I tried to interject, but she silenced me with a finger pressed against my lips.

"Then help me understand," she urged, a quiet strength in her gaze. "Tell me you don't want me. That you don't love me. And if you can say that truthfully, I'll walk away."

Her hands wandered across my chest, tugging at my shirt before guiding me towards the sofa. I sank into the cushions under her weight, caught off guard by her newfound dominance as she straddled my hips.

"Little wolf..."

"Let me in," she demanded, her voice soft yet insistent. "Let me love you. Let me be there for you."

The sudden role reversal was jarring, but I found myself entranced—her resolve was like an irresistible tide, and I was caught up in the mesmerising power she wielded. With every caress, every possessive touch, she shattered the barriers I was trying to erect once again and tore away at the guilt that had nestled deep within me.

The unbearable desire to have her consumed every thought, overruling any rational protest my mind could muster. I groaned, instinctively reaching for her, but she pinned my wrists above my head.

My eyebrows shot up, my pulse quickened—she was a storm of intensity I'd never witnessed before.

"Let me," she murmured, her breath feathering over my neck before her teeth nipped at my skin, sending electric shivers down my spine.

The unfamiliar sight of Natalia in control was a heady sensation. I could see the determination in her eyes, the way she bit her lip, the slight tremble in her hands. It was more than just desire—she was reclaiming her confidence, finding her ground again after the emotional chaos I'd thrown her into. And I was more than willing to give it to her.

In what seemed like an instant, we were both naked, our clothes lying discarded on the floor. She straddled me again, and I moaned at the feel of her wet pussy pressed against my stiff cock. Her fingers traced the length of me, making me shiver, before she slowly lowered herself, taking me inch by agonising inch.

Her small hands explored with a confidence that was intoxicating as she ground against me, each movement causing a delicious friction that made me grunt. She rode me, her rhythm setting a tantalising pace, driving me to the brink and back again while her lips trailed hot kisses down my neck.

The sight of my mate so powerful and passionate was exhilarating, and filled me with a craving for more. My world consisted of nothing other than her body moving against mine, urging us closer and closer together until I became lost in her cries and moans.