19

-chapter 19-

Days had gone by and Y/n would rather kill and disintegrate herself than say she actually had begun to enjoy Tsu'teys company...

It started off with him subtly touching her shoulders when correcting her posture or just giving her at tap on the head when he wanted her attention.

She got used to his touch so now it didn't make her want to rip his eyes out and shove them down his throat.

Training was easy for a so called great weapon like her but the same couldn't be said for Jake who really struggled.

She watched Jake trip on air as he tried to impress neytiri and bit her lip bot to smirk at his misfortune.

Though somehow through all that, Y/n and Jake had made it to the end, they could be true hunters and all they needed now was to bond with an ikran to be accepted into the tribe.
——————

The sweltering sun shone down on the group of na'vi on direhorses as they made their way forward

Tsu'tey led the direhorse riders up the trail, two teenage Navi and then Jake and Y/n following after. The horses hooves clopped right next to the ledge of a misty canyon.

Iknimaya translated roughly to stairway to heaven. It was the test that Y/n and Jake had to pass to become true hunters.

Tsu'tey signalled for them to stop, up ahead was a large thick vine that wrapped around large floating boulders...

Like that one children's story, Jack and the beanstalk.

Jake looked around in childlike wonder while Y/n sighed once again, annoyed and impatient.

Tsu'tey dismounted his horse and Y/n took that as a sign to drop off of hers. The hunters dismounted shortly after her.

As Tsu'tey hung around Y/n, checking her gear for the umpteenth time Jake came up to them both.

"We doin' this?" He pumped his fist up while Y/n stared at him blankly.

Turning her head away, Y/n instead watched as the hunters swarmed the beanstalk.

She huffed, jumping off the horse and ignoring the guys, taking instead to climbing the stalk.
The hunters take after her after a look from Tsu'tey.

"Hey..huff...shigarkaiiiii"

Y/n ignored Jake who was right on her tail, purposely almost stepping on his hand.

"Y/n- OUCH" he was kicked, hard.

"Hmp, I was going to say that I might have found a way for you to leave but~" he grinned, looking away before putting on a childish pout.

Y/n's eye twitched in irritation.

The wind blowing in her face irritated her and not very far off, at the top of the stalk, was a floating island that swung vines in circles.

A waterfall was a bit far off it but was still visible, she stared at the scenery just a little longer before clambering to the top.

"So what do you... huff...say...huff" Jake grinned

Y/n scoffed and elbowed the now Navi.
Rolling her eyes and scratching her neck, she jumped after the other men and latched onto the vines swinging over the biggest drop she had possibly ever seen in her entire life.

Soon they had made it to a cave in a rocky ledge on the floating island they had climbed onto. The cave had been right by a waterfall, hidden out of sight.

A screech was heard and Y/n looked up, unimpressed. Ah, jakes crush... on a pterodactyl looking creature.

Neytiri, jumped off the creature and completely ignored Jake, taking to instead give Y/n a smile.

Why? Y/n had absolutely no clue.
She licked her chapped lips and exited the cave after Tsu'tey.

Her eyes widened at the dinosaur age before her... pterodactyls galore, each gripping onto a different part of the ledge, nests everywhere.