Chapter I - The Magician

"Seriously?" Luka hisses.

    Me, the Blossom twins, Innes, and Touma Hirota sat on chairs in a circle with Luka crossing his arms in the middle. Molly was smirking, Ollie was scared, Innes and Touma were staring into each other's souls looking all grim and beaten up, and I was . . . well, I don't even know why I'm here.

    "One day. One day!" Luka throws his hands up in the sky with disbelief "Not even one day and the same people are in detention! Not even a single. Day." He says Single day with such grave annoyance that it almost sounds like a threat. It is a threat.

    He turns to Molly, her elegant 80's chestnut blow-dried hair falling gracefully onto her face. "Why are you here?"

    "Cussed a teacher out," She says with a grin.

    "You." He looks at Ollie.

    He tenses up. "I-I hit Seth . . ." Now I only notice how he has a bruise on his cheek. Yet he still looks so painfully handsome. "He isn't here because he . . . ran away."

    Luka slurs something in Russian under his breath and his accent becomes thicker to the point where it doesn't sound like English anymore. "You. Touma and Innesa. Why are you here?"

    "What?" Touma raises a brow, his tone annoyed.

    "I said . . ." Luka shifts into a fiery gaze and takes a deep breath, losing patience. "Why are you here."

    Everybody in the room tenses up. Luka is a nice person but when he's ticked off? He can turn into your worst nightmare.

    "Me and your wretched sister got into a fight! Geez!" Touma yells, clearly frightened.

    Touma was the punk type. He would get into fights with everybody every other day. It wasn't that he was a bully. More people would see him as a good target because— Well . . . People think he's queer.

    He's Japanese, with sun-kissed tan skin, fiery brown eyes, a red string wrapped around his pinky, and horribly dyed red hair cut into a mullet. But not the ugly kind of mullet. The mullet suited him. He looked good.

 He looked good