Chapter XI - Justice

It's been yet another week since the Alexeev's whole heated fiasco and I'm starting to lose my mind. Only now has the fear and horror completely seeped into my skin.

My guilt of Pandora, suspicion for Naomi, attacks of Jane and Mystery Boy, and Lav's words. All of them swarmed in my mind. Lingering and torturing me. For all I know, someone close to me could be next.

'Maybe because you're trying to get everyone's opinion so you could pinpoint whoever is voted the most. You are in The Cassius Post after all, aren't you?' Lavender said to me.

I hate to admit but that ignorant bastard has gotten into my head.

"Hey," A soothing voice interrupted my thoughts, replacing my dread with hope. Silencing all my problems. "Are you . . . okay?"

"Oh, I'm . . . good." Only then did I realize how much I was shaking and sulking in a corner.

Ollie sits down beside me and lays a gentle hand on my shoulder. His touch alone calmed me to my senses.

He faintly smiled and handed me a burner phone. "Here." He nudged me to take it.

I hesitantly took it. This was so . . . out of the blue. "Uhm . . . why are you giving me this?"

"Because," He shrugs. "You're rarely available when you're at home. Plus, you only have a crappy PC with you."

Goodness. The way his English accent curls makes me feel . . . a certain type of way. Like my stomach was flipping upside down and my heartbeat pumping faster.

And before I knew it, I was laughing again. Giggling and blushing. "Rude. Never thought I'd get a hold of a phone."

"A burner phone." He corrects.

I smile at him, admiring his pretty face. "Right."

He points at the phone in my hands. "I put my number in there."

"Only your number?" I point out.

He looks at me. His expression was giving me the feeling he was pretending to command me. "Yes," He puts on a playful tone. "Only my number."

I scoff. "Why?"

"So . . . it's our secret way of talking to each other." He giggles and nudges me again, his cheeks scrunching up innocently.

I start to turn red, my skin prickling. "Oh."

"Precisely."

I flip the phone and check it up and down. Not bad for a burner phone. "Weird way of reminding me you're rich."

He smiles again. "Do you not enjoy my company?"

I jump. "Of course, I enjoy your company! Would you rather sit all pretty in a private school?!?"

"You think I'm pretty?"

" . . . "

"Well . . . I think you're handsome, Stephan."

And with that, my heart fluttered like butterflies. My chest could explode with loud squeals at any second!

He thinks I'm handsome . . . I think Cupid just shot me.

Ollie bites down a giggle and continues. "This phone . . . is for private calls. So no one would eavesdrop."

I scramble my mind for words. I can't just freeze there blushing! That'll give me away!

". . . No more secret three-way calls?" I slowly move my body closer to his, brushing his hand.

"No more Molly listening to the same line." He says in a breath.

The faintest of his pinky touches the tip of my finger.

He looked at me. His eyes were locked and lost in mine.

I want him. I don't know how to explain but . . . I want him.

To own a dog with him. To hold his hand. To run my fingers through his hair. To say "Do you need help with your tie?". To laugh together. To simply laugh together is all I ask.

I love him.

I can't deny it.