Chapter XXXVI -"The way you flirt."

I woke up the next morning in my prom suit. I hadn't changed. But I still felt Ollie's lips on mine. And I liked it.

I got out of bed as usual. Except I was overcome with joy. Like a lovebird ready to fly or a lover of summer. I kissed Ollie Blossom yesterday and so will I today. And all the darn days after that.

I put on my best outfit, hoping to impress him. For the first time in my years, I styled my hair as if my life depended on it.

I stared at myself in the mirror. I couldn't help a short squeal of excitement. I jumped up and down and laughed. My heart skipped beats!

Oh, how I loved him!

And oh! He's mine!

I rushed out my room, leaping like an idiot. An idiot in love.

"Hoy!" Hey! My ina stopped my tracks, narrowing her wrinkly, lively eyes. "Come here."

"Uhm . . . " I walked up to her and tilted my head. I had no idea what she was planning.

To my shock, she grabbed my hand and sniffed it!

"Ah! Ano po ginagawa mo?!?" What are you doing?!? I quickly snatched my hand back.

She yanked my collar. "Who is this?!?"

"What???"

"You smell like someone else! Who are you dating without my knowledge, hm?"

Oh crap. "H-Haha . . . Wala!" Nobody!

"Lies!"

I struggled to get out of grasp. But when I did, I ran out of the house in a flash. "Bye!"

"Hey! At least tell me if she's pretty!"

I wanted to laugh.

No, I thought, He's handsome.

***

And here I was. At the Blossom's house.

The thrill of love lingered in the air as I pushed the doorbell. Standing on the heels of my shoes rocking back and forth, I waited.

Molly answered the door.

"Steph?" She was hungover. I could tell. "What brings you here so damn early?"

"Uhm," Does she know? What if Ollie told her? "Uh, is Ollie home?"

She sighed. "Ollie!" She yelled. "Steph is here!"

The loud sound of footsteps pattering down the stairs came until I saw that handsome face. Ollie rushed behind Molly, breathless, and caught my eye.

My legs could've given in right there and then.

And there we both stood, staring at each other.

"Uhh . . . hello?" Molly looked at us both, confused.

"Hi." I said, a relieved smile wiped across my lips.

"Hi." He froze, stunned by the sight of me.

Molly crossed her arms. "Where are you guys going?"

"A walk." Ollie finally gave me that toothy grin. "We're going for a walk."

He ran to hold my hand with such gidd, he might've as well popped like fireworks. I smiled as he wrapped his arm around mine, giggling, and led me outside.

" . . . " Molly stared at us.

***

"I thought you'd never come." Ollie teased as we walked through the neighborhood. The weather was nice today. Everything felt nice today. He laid his chin on my shoulder and giggled like a love-drunk child, clinging to my arm.