Chapter XVII - The Star

We didn't find Innesa. Nor did we find Luka. They were missing. They were all missing.

Astra. Neon. Naomi.

All gone.

"Where did they all go?" Ollie looked around to find the senior's English class empty.

"Beats me." Professor Blair continues to flip through his magazine with his head laid low. He had black skin and locs. "Do you see them here? No. Go ask someone else."

	Molly sucked her teeth and crossed her arms

Molly sucked her teeth and crossed her arms. She was clearly demanding to know where her best friend was. "Now listen here you dead-beat-hippie-junkie. I want to know exactly where the fuck they went. I wouldn't give two flying shits if this one hell of a school paid you to shut up cuz' I know damn well they don't pay you enough to buy proper button-up. You're shirt looks straight out of a thrift store recently owned by a Christian bellboy working for Taco Bell as a side job. So tell me exactly where the fuck they went or I'm gonna tell you all the exact reasons why I think you live in a family van reeking of weed and cocaine."

" . . . " I stare at her with my mouth gawked open.

" . . . " Blair lowers his magazine and slowly slides his glasses to the tip of his nose. "Wow."

Ollie balls up his fist and uses it to cover his mouth. He clearly wants to burst out in laughter.

"Ms. Blossom . . . What a statement. I don't even know how to respond."

"You, Mr. Blair, respond with where they are." She forces a fake smile, blowing hair out of her face.

He stares at her in disbelief. "Fine. They're all sent home. Suspended. Happy?"

Suspended?

"W-Why?!? They're all Prefects! Why are they all suspended?" I yell. It didn't make sense!

He blinks. "I am a tired, drained English teacher. I do not know shit."

***

"And I thought you knew everything." Tyler snickers as he continues gluing newspapers.

I throw my hands in the air in a fit. "Come on, Tyler! Just tell us why!"

"Okay, okay." He put down his ruler and rolls his chair to face us. He takes a deep breath, clutching his fingers together. "Remember how the teachers asked us to leave?"

The Blossoms nodded.

"Yeah, some crazzzy stuff went down. Luka Alexeev, the Prefect guy, literally got slashed!"

Molly aggressively scratched her head in frustration.

Tyler could sense our distrust. "It's true! I was there!"

"What did you see?"

"Doctors literally rolling him out the Prefect's Lounge in that weird rolly bed thingy!"

"Gatch Bed." Ollie corrected.

"Same thing!" I saw the spark in his face. The same face he wears when describing something wild. "So they rolled him out, right? This ghost guy, which I'm pretty sure was Innesa Alexeev, was absolutely losing it. She followed the rolling bed until they left. And she was bawling! Literally sobbing her eyes out through the sheets!!!"

" . . . " Molly sighed. She believed him. It all made sense.

Tyler continued, his hands alone telling a story. "So if you want to know where she is-"

"We go to the hospital." Molly looked away with a bitter grimace. "Yeah."

". . ." Tyler stares at her. The spark in his face made it seem like he was looking at a goddess for the first time. He was lost in the sight of Molly.

"Thanks, Tyler." I patted him on the back before leaving. We knew where to find Innes. We just didn't know how to confront her.

Molly stops and faces Tyler again. "Hey, what's your name?"

He freezes, caught in a blur. "T-Tyler?"

"Tyler." She scoffs. "You're cute."

And we leave him wondering what just happened. And why he just turned red.

(new possible love interest????????)