Chapter IV - The Emperor

. . . Jane was found in her dorm half-dead with her legs stabbed and broken.

Those were the exact words Innes whispered into my ear.

. . . Jane Doe. In her dorm. Half-dead. Legs stabbed. Feet broken.

Molly was right with her prediction. I wish she wasn't.

Innes paced up and down Ollie's dorm, becoming frantic.

"What the fuck." Innes bit their nails, chewing on her black polish. "What the fuck."

Me and the Blossoms sat on Ollie's bed, watching side-by-side as Innes' hair started to stick up.

"What the fuck."

"Oh for God's sake, stop chanting that." Molly has had enough.

She ignored her. "What do we need to do to be safe?!? What do I need to do? . . ."

Molly stood up with a sigh and cupped Innes' cheeks. "Me."

Innes' face shifted from fearful to disgusted. "Agh! Molly! Fucking ew! Find somebody else to do it for you!" She pushed Molly away, chills crawling up her spine "This is serious Molly! Someone got hurt! Badly!"

Molly laughed. "And what makes you think it's real?" I have a feeling she said that on purpose so Innes would stop being hysterical. Phew.

They both crashed into the bed in front of me and Ollie.

"So," I stretch my hands up and in a subtle excuse to land my arms around Ollie. "Personally, I think what happened to Jane was someone's idea of a sick prank."

Ollie seems not to mind my arm wrapping his shoulders. Thank God. "Well, I too think this is a prank."

"Big enough to summon a Gossip Wave?" Innes scoffs. "No way."

"This is G.H. Academy after all." The Blossom twins say at the same time.

***

I walk through the dark halls of G.H. Academy, lit by the blue moonlight. The school at night was creepy, a wakwak could pop up out of nowhere.

I rub my sweaty palms together and take a few glances behind me. I chant a prayer under my breath for good measures. "Aba Gino ng Maria, napupuno ka ng grasiya, Ang Panginoong Diyos ay sumasaiyo . . ."

I may know this school by heart . . . but it's still Dracula's mansion by sun-down.

I swore I heard footsteps around the corner so naturally, I bent down and slowly took a nervous peak.

It was Mystery Boy. He was looking quite happy.

Shoot. I forgot about him. More importantly, I forgot about how Seth and Pandoras prank on him. Maybe Jane's disappearance was their idea.

I quietly follow him into the Library, hoping my footsteps aren't too loud.

The school's Library is humongous. The pleasant scent of paper lingered in the air. Wooden shelves holding thousands of majestic books, the moonlight reflecting on the ceiling's ethereal renaissance murals, and Roman cream sculptures of historical figures carved from stone.

I would've thought this was a museum more than a high school.

TBB stood in the middle of the Library, shifting his weight from foot-to-foot, nervous and excited. He held a note with both hands close to his chest, peeking around for someone.

I hid behind a shelf and started recording him, not knowing what I've just done.

"Well, well, well, well . . . " Seth's voice flooded my ears, boiling my blood. His voice echoing through the wooden walls. "Looks like The Brunette Boy actually showed up."

Pandora emerged from behind him, giggling. "Embarrassing . . ."

TBB's face quickly shifted. Giddy to angry. His Aegean Blue eyes flaming. "What the hell you doing here?"

Seth slid his hands into his pocket and strolled around TBB, provoking him into violence. "So you do have a thing for Touma."

"Shut up." TBB scowled. His fists tight and white.

Seth scoffed, raising his brows. "Oh? This one's got a little fiest to him." He grabbed his brown hair and pulled him down. TBB shrieked in pain, trying to yank Seth's grip from him.

I jump from my hiding spot. Seth's hurting him But this is all a prank right? I stay where I am and watch, recording every bit.

"Care to repeat what you said?" Pandora asked, her voice a mystic slumber. "Queer bitch." (WOOOAHHH DON'T NEED TO BE HOMOPHOBIC WHEN YOUR ONE OF TH-) (anyway 🌝)

TBB gritted his teeth, almost laughing. "Don't act dumb, Pandora. Should I get Hana Mayer to knock some sense into you?"

If you know Pandora, you know best not to mention Hana Mayer. They have a . . . thing.

Seth pulled TBB's hair harder. "Shut up, bitch. Or do you like this?"

Pandora walked towards TBB and punched him. "Don't talk about Hana. If you do, I'll pluck your stupid eyes out."

TBB froze. His eyes were wide as blood trickled down his nose, his breath becoming ragged.

" . . . " I didn't know why I didn't step in when I'd usually do, but I couldn't move. I was paralyzed from fear . . . no not fear, anticipation.
"That must've hurt." Seth walked towards The Restricted Section, dragging TBB with him.

"Ah! Let go!"

Seth threw him into The Restricted Section, smirking as he did so. He fell to the floor, hand on his nose to check the blood. And when he did see red, he was horrified.

Seth and Pandora looked at him helpless on the floor, hovering over him side-by-side.

"Good night~" Pandora reached for the twin doors as she bowed, shutting it close.

TBB quickly stood up. "WAI-" But it was too late. He was left alone in the dark, with nobody to help him.

I watched as Seth locked the door with a chair, laughing in triumph as TBB screamed to let him out.

"Seth! Pandora! I'm sorry! Let me out! Hey!" He banged the door multiple times, begging and hollering. "Let me out! Don't leave me here!"
They ignored him and headed towards the exit, leaving him alone to rot.

***

When they were gone, I slowly approached The Restricted Section to find the banging done. He had given up. It was no use anyway.

I looked at the chair blocking the knob. But I let it be. It's a prank after all. I bet Pandora was gonna come back after an hour. I didn't want to ruin it.

I walked out the door, leaving him.

Had I heard his last words before I left, I wouldn't have gone.

"Who are you?"