Chapter X - Wheel Of Fortune

After a while, Molly somehow found Innes crying somewhere in the academy's hundreds of girls' bathrooms. She left me and Ollie behind and went off the comfort her friend.

I sighed. "I think Innes and Luka got a bit too heated."

"You think?" Ollie says as his eyes droop in concern and sarcasm. Obviously, it got heated.

"Well . . . " I try to recall what I saw that night. Going home then seeing . . .that. "A few months ago, uhm, while leaving the school I saw Luka . . . vomiting."

Ollie's brows shot up. "Oh? Like . . . in what way?"

"I think—" Should I say it? I didn't want to admit it but . . .it really did seem like it. "I think he tried to OD."

" . . ." He didn't say anything. He rubbed a hand over his mouth and looked back at me. "How?"

It was hard talking about this. Innes would kill me for even thinking about her brother trying to overdose but it had to be said. "Luka was all . . . pale and sweaty. His lips had no color."

"Innes did mention him living off sleeping pills."

"And Astra was there too."

"Astra?!?" Ollie half-yelled. "Like, as in Headgirl Astra?!?"

"Yeah! She was bending Luka over and literally just shoving her fingers in his throat!"

He laughed. "No way."

" . . . "

"And they didn't notice you???"

"No." I paused. "No, I don't think so."

***

Molly returned after what felt like forever and threw herself onto her bed, defeated.

"So?" Ollie sprinted towards her so eagerly I almost thought he was gonna fall. "What happened?!?"

She drags an exhausted Ugggh and buries her face deeper into her pillow. "Long story short . . . she's crying pissed."

Ollie can't take that for an answer. He grabs one of her plushies and whacks it against her head.

"Ah!!!"

"You can't just make a long story short!!!" He shouts. "What did she say?!? Molly, you can't keep me hanging!"

"Stop fucking whining, bitch!" She sits up straight, hair a mess and furious, and hits him in the face with a pillow. "She just kept ranting about how Luka isn't even her real brother!"

I jump from my seat. "What?!?"

"No! No!" Molly scrunches her face in frustration and shoo's her hands. "She just thinks so. Like . . . bitch have you seen how fucking massively tall and humongous Luka is and how small and tiny Innes is?!? The only thing they have in common is the way they're both built like sticks."

Dazed in confusion, Ollie blows a raspberry. "So . . . Innes is adopted?!?"

"No!!!" Molly squeals in annoyance. "She thinks her mom fucked another guy! So she thinks her and Luka's dads are different."

" . . . Explains alot. " Ollie sighs.