•·.·'21'·.·•

"I love your hair"

"Thank you..." I quietly say to Lucy.

"What's wrong Angelica? Did I do something to upset you?" I avert my eyes. It takes me a while to muster up the courage, but I eventually man up.

"Lucy...why did you lie?"

Her body moves slightly backwards. "Lie? About what?" Her eyebrow scrunch together.

"About everyone taking money from they're guardians to buy things they want" I trail off.

"It's normal Angelica! Why do you think i'm lying" Lucy looks sad now. I should've not said anything.

"My brothers said it was wrong"

I hear Lucy's breath hitch, "Did you tell your brothers I told you to do it?" Her eyes start to water.

"No! I-I didn't say anything about you" My hands come in front of me and I shake them a bit, giving off the fact that I didn't snitch on her.

"Well, I thought it was normal, I didn't know it would get you in trouble" Lucy says, wiping her tears away gently with the side of her finger.

"My parents never get mad at me. It's your brothers who are trying to control your life" Lucy's hand carases my shoulder.

"Oh..." I look away.

I don't know if what Lucy says is true.

"Best friends don't doubt each other Angelica. I've never doubted anything you've said" Lucy looks at me with her brown serious eyes. Her voice like candy.

A/N: I though she had blue eyes 🤨 I guess they're brown now

"You're right, I'm sorry"

"Is okay, I forgive you" Lucy says and hugs me

"So, when will I be able to hang out at your house?"

Lucy has been asking me to arrange a hang out for me and her at my house. She says it will be fun.

"I still need to ask my brothers, but I'm sure this weekend since I heard they won't be here" I say, smiling at her.

"Sweet!" She says, but doesn't look very happy with my answer.

...

It was lasagna for dinner. It tasted so good!

Oh! I need to ask my brothers if Lucy can come over.

"Eli"

"Yeah?" He says, now all my brothers are looking at us.

"Can my friend Lucy visit on the weekend?"

Elias thinks about it for a few second. "What about friday?"

"Yes! Thank you" I smile.

Friday is even better. Lucy will be happy, she's been waiting since we first met.

"What friend?"

I turn around to see Armani just asked me that.

"My best friend Lucy" I respond quickly before he gets mad.

"Lucy what?"

"Marino!"

Armani and Enzo give each other a look.

Do they also know her?

"Is she your friend too?"

Enzo and Armani chuckle, "No"

I take the simple response as a way to end the conversation.

I can't wait till Friday.

──────༺♡༻──────
             End of Chapter 21
──────༺♡༻──────