•·.·'23'·.·•

It's been a while and Lucy hasn't returned.

I lay on the floor and continue my drawing. I was drawing a picture of my brothers and I. I still need to add a house. Carefully drawing the square for the house my door knocks. My head turns slowly to see who it will be.

Mateo.

"Teo? Where is Lucy?" I ask sitting on my knees.

He looks at me for a few seconds and his face forms in a expression I can't understand. He walks slowly towards me until he stand in front of me, looking down at the drawing I was making.

I turn around to pick it up and show him. I'm sure he will be happy.

"Stand up Angelica"

My head turns upwards to look at him. "Huh?"

"Stand up" My face twist in confusion. Why does he sound mad?

"Okay" I quickly say and stand on my feet. "Is there something wrong Mateo?" I'm starting to get worried.

He just grabs my hand and starts pulling me out of the room, my drawing falling next to the door.

My brother stats going up the stairs.

"Mateo, Eli said i'm not allowed to go here" I try to stop walking but my brother just pulls my arm to continue moving.

My heart beat starts speeding up. "Your scaring me Mateo" Mateo stops for a split second then continues moving slower, "Sorry"

The third floor is the same as the rest of the house. Expect a few doors. Mateo opens one of the doors and goes in. I see Romeo and Eli are here.

"Hi" I greet them but they don't say anything back. Is okay, just ignore it.

"Sit Angelica"

I follow Eli's direction and sit in front of him. Looking at my brothers I can't help but feel scared. "I-Is everything okay?" I ask, pushing myself more into the chair and bring my arms to myself.

They don't say anything.

Eli just looks at me with his hands clasped together. Romeo stands besides him and Mateo sits on the couch next to me, looking intently.

"Angelica, have you ever smoked?"

Smoked.

I have. But I didn't want to.

It feels like all my blood circulation stopped. My legs shaking.

"L-like a c-cigarette?"

"Like a cigarette" Eli confirms.

Should I tell them the truth? No, I can't. It's normal but something tells me Lucy lied. I don't think it is or else they wouldn't be looking so mad and serious.

"No..." I trail off.

There's this heavy silence that only makes me more anxious. Mateos fist collides with the the wooden arm of the couch. At the loud noise I subconsciously stand right up.

"Sit back down"

I carefully sit down, looking at my three brothers. "I don't like lying people Angelica" I'm going to throw up.

My nails dig into the palm of my hands.

"I-Im not lying!" I desperately say.

"The truth or you'll be in trouble"

I don't want to be in trouble. But I don't want them to know either.

I breath in, i'm already in trouble anyways.

"O-only once" I whisper.

"Your not allowed to smoke Angelica. It's unhealthy"

"You guys do it all the time!" I say harshly. They do things and then don't allow me to do it. Lucy was right. I can't let them control me.

"We are grownups, you are 12 years old" Elias sights.

"Everyone does it Elias! Everyone!" I clutch onto the arm set of the chair.

"Who said that? Have you seen a 12 year old smoke?"

"Just-just shut up" I say out of madness

"Excuse me?"

"I said shut up!"

I stand up and run downstairs towards my room. I can feel my heart burning. Not from the running but from the disappointed look they had on they're faces.

I'm just very tired.

I just need to sleep it off.

──────༺♡༻──────
End of Chapter 23
──────༺♡༻──────