╰┈➤ ❝𝟎𝟎𝟑. 𝐋𝐚𝐬 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢❞

I sit on my bed in my room in the redbull paddock, my hands clasped together as I mentally prepare myself for the race. I can't afford losing. It would ruin everything. If I win this, I won't be guaranteed to win the championship, but it's better than losing. Because if I lose, the championship, that is resting in my palm right now, will slip.

I put on my helmet, letting out one last deep breath and stand up. 

"It's time for quali." Max calls out.  

"Coming!" I yell back, looking in the mirror making sure my hair wasn't poking out. 

So far, with free practices, I've been coming first or second in those. I'm praying the same thing happens during the race tomorrow. I walk out the room and see Max standing there. 

"Hurry," He huffs. 

"Yes ma'am." I roll my eyes even if he couldn't see. 

I could see the netflix cameras rolling in. 

"Don't worry. We can't see anything." Max reassures, seeing how paranoid I got. 

"Thanks, Max." He fist pumps me before jogging over to his car. I do the same and climb in. 

Marcus, possibly the funniest person I've ever met, crouches down in front of my face and smiles at me. "You've got this, (Y/n)," He whispers. He was the only one who knew who I was and I trusted him with it. 

"Thanks, Marcus." He winks at me with  a smiles and stands up straight. 

"Alright," My strategist, George says after a couple of minutes of waiting. "The track is all yours, show us what you got." 

The engineer standing on the track moves out the way indicating it was completely clear for me to start. I drive out of the garage, and do 1 warm up lap before starting my flying lap. I sped through each and every turn. I am going really slow but I was giving the car all I could give. 

"Somethings off with the car," I say, worried, through the radio to George. 

"Copy, we are checking the car." He confirms. "There's a problem with the engine. It's not big, but you won't qualify high if you continue. Either you continue and put yourself at the chance of a fire causing in the back of the car, or you can retire and you'll be starting p16 tomorrow."

I think for a second, and I instantly knew that I have to continue. P16 is horrible and I'll not make it into the points if that happens. "I'm continuing." I confirm with him. 

"Copy, continuing." George answers back. 

I press down on the pedal as hard as I can, and when the finish line comes into view, I zoom right passed it. 

"That's possibly the best you can do with the issue." George says. "You will be starting p10 tomorrow." Disappointment fills me as I drive the car back into the pit lane. George could sense my negative feelings because of the silence that filled the area. "It's not your fault. We'll get the car fixed for tomorrow and it will be better than ever."

"Ok." I answer back, softly. I park the car back into the garage and climb out as the netflix crew come right back. Both my hands make it up to my covered face as I huff. I could feel my chances of getting my first world championship slowly fading away. 

Marcus jogs up to me as I walk into my designated room. "I'm sorry, it was the best you could've done." He says, comforting me. I shut the door of my room and pull off my helmet and mask. 

"Yeah, it's just a punch to the gut though. I was doing amazing the whole season, why am I slipping now at the most important part?" I start to blame myself as Marcus shakes his head.