╰┈➤ ❝𝟎𝟏𝟖, 𝐡𝐢𝐦.❞

Summer break is finally over and the 2022 season is about to start. It's free practice is Bahrain on a friday and I haven't been doing well. 

I haven't spoken to Charles at all and I thought maybe today, when he sees me, he'd try and talk. Try to explain. And I would've let him because the truth it, I miss him. I miss him so much he's all I think about. Maybe there is a better explanation. But when I saw him, Alexandra was clinging to his arm while he signed hats. 

"Asshole." Isa grumbles as she grips my arm and drags me towards the RedBull garage. 

As I stumbled to my garage, my head was completely turned as I stare at Charles and Alexandra in disbelief. 

"Morning, (Y/n)!" Max chimes. "How was your summer holidays?"

"If I said it was amazing I'd probably be lying." I smile through my problems while answering my teammate. "How did yours go?" 

"Hearing that yours didn't go well makes me not want to tell you." He laughs as he puts down his bottle of water. 

"No, no! Please do tell."

"Well, it was actually amazing. I spent a lot of time with family. I played f1 with some of the drivers every night. Penelope really misses you." 

"Oh, is she here today?" I ask.

"No, but she'll be here for the race." He replies, checking something on his phone. "I see you eyeing Leclerc. Anything going on with you two?"

"Nah, somethings just off about him." I lie. "Do you think somethings going on with him?" 

"Yeah, he doesn't seem happy with Alexandra. Looks forced if you ask me." Max shrugs. "Christian said that fp1 is starting, we should get going." 

"Yeah, let's go." 

Max and I make our way to our cars while laughing and talking. Cameras follow us. Before I could put my helmet on, a mic was shoved in my face. 

"Hi, (Y/n)." A female reporter smiles. 

"Hi!" I say, trying to hide my irritation. 

"I've got a couple questions, do you mind?" 

"If you take less than 3 minutes, I don't see a problem." 

"Alright, well. Starting off: how was your summer break?" The reporter asks. 

"Really good, I spent the time with my family, meeting up with some friends." 

"There are rumours going around that you're going to move to Monaco per request of Christian Horner?" 

"Yeah, Christian did bring it up. It wouldn't be a bad idea, I'll definitely think about it but I don't think it's necessary since I'm always travelling and I'd probably spend my holidays in spain with my mom and dad." I tell her. 

"Yeah, that's true. 2 more questions. How do you feel finally walking around the paddock without having to cover your face?" 

"It's definitely different but I could definitely get used to it."

"And last question, what are your intentions with this season?"

"Obviously, winning another championship but I also want to work a lot more on myself so I can be better." 

"Alright, thank you so much!" The reporter waves goodbye before I clip on my helmet and climb into my car. 

I see a red ferrari drive passed and immediately recognised the helmet. Charles. My mind flooded back with reality as I watch his car drive passed. I try to shake the thoughts away. If I'm stuck thinking about him I won't concentrate on racing. I exit my garage once I got the signal it was safe to leave and immediately feel content. I love racing. Racing is my thing.