╰┈➤ ❝𝟎𝟏𝟔, 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞.❞

❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬,
𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭.
𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭.❞

I drop the keys to Charles' car on the table in the entrance and sigh. 

"You ok?" Charles asks as he wraps his arms around my waist from behind me. 

"Yeah. Don't worry." I smile slightly as I turn to face him. He holds me firmly and encouragingly. 

"I'll protect you every step of the way. Just, stay with me." He tucks a couple of strands of hair behind me ear as I wrap her arms around his neck, my fingers clasping together behind his head as I find myself admiring his face. 

"I don't know what I'd do without you." I whispers. 

"You'd be just fine, trust me. You're strong." I pull myself closer to him as I rest my head on his chest. 

"I'm not worried about myself right now. If I put up with that bullshit without knowing for 10 years, I think I'll get through it with knowing." I look up at him and he pulls me closer to his face. "I'm more worried about you."

"Don't be." His lips brush against mine. 

"Charles, I'll always worry about you as long as we have each other. You never seem ok when I'm not here, that's what Arthur is telling me. Tell me what's wrong." I search his eyes for any emotions but he shuts them and puts his head on my chest. 

"Everythings wrong. Everything, but you." He breathes. 

"What's wrong, amor?" I rub the back of his head as my other arm hugs his back. 

"I'm so scared." His voice was breaking, and my heart was too. "I have a feeling Maman's not going to make it. It's just, in my guts." 

"Charles, no." I shake my head. "She's going to be okay. She's in the best hands possible. Just, believe."

Charles stands up straight and looks at me in the eyes. "I trust you." He smiles softly, rubbing my cheek. 

"Then trust my word when I tell you she's going to be okay." 

"I do. I really do. But, whenever I'm in a tight situation, I just think the worst. It gives me nightmares. When you left in the hospital to go with Lorenzos wife to get something to eat, I woke up. I was sweating, I thought Maman died. It woke me up and I was only able to sleep after seeing she was okay, for now." His eyes form a glaze over them with tears. 

"I'm here for you, amor. If you ever have trouble sleeping while I'm in Barcelona, just call me, no matter the time. I'll pick up." 

Charles nods and hugs me tightly. 

"Let's go back to bed. I might collapse on top of you and sleep." He laughs. 

"Okay, let's go." I grab his hand as we walk up the stairs quietly, trying not to wake anybody up. 

I get changed in the bathroom as Charles changes in his room. I walk out after confirming he had changed and crawl into the bed next to him. 

"We'll go see Pascale when we wake up, okay?" I ask him, and he nods slowly. 

He turns so his back is to me and I wrap my arm around his waist, not laying down and using my elbow to prop myself up. I place a small kiss on his head and he melts into my touch. 

"Why aren't you sleeping?" He mumbles with his eyes still closed. 

"I'll stay up to make sure you sleep, then I'll sleep." I see him furrow his brows as he turns to face me, putting his arm on my waist and nuzzling his head into my chest. "And I'm also thinking about how I just sent my dad 4 million to save my life."