╰┈➤ ❝𝟎𝟎𝟒. 𝐋𝐚𝐬 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐞❞

𝐈 𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐁 into my car ass engineers and employs of redbull scurry around, frantically, handing each other stuff and doing last checks on the car. 

"We fixed the car. It should feel great once you drive. Let us know how it is once you're racing." George informs me. 

"Copy, thank you George. And thank the engineers and Christian." I say through the radio. 

Once it was clear, I lined up p10 on the grid. Max was P1, Charles P2 and Carlos P3. 

"Alright, Jaden. Radio check." George says. 

"Yep, all clear." I answer back. 

A couple of minutes later, George interrupted me while I was zoning out. "And last car has lined up on the grid."

I breathe heavily as I look up at the lights. One red light switched on, and everything immediately slowed down. The 2nd one lit up, then the third, fourth and lastly the fifth. My whole body jolts as I press down on the pedal, the car revving and speeding up. The familiar and uncomfortable feeling of the car bouncing and vibrating from the road fills me up as I get into turn 1. About 6 cars had slowed down there, causing traffic. 

"Why's there so much traffic?!" I yell, frustrated. 

"George Russel and Lewis Hamilton just crash into each other. Red flag." George informs me. 

"Red flag?" I say, slowing down the car. 

"Yes, the crash was bad. Lewis is in the wall." I turn my head and see Lewis' car smashed against the wall, side ways. 

"Shit, are they ok?" I ask worriedly. 

"Yes, Lewis is responding. But we need you back in pit." George elaborates. I turn my car into the pit lane road, following every other car. "You'll be starting P8, P8." 

Just as I park my car and hop out of it, Carlos comes walking in. "(Y/N)." He whispers into my ear. "Whatever you do. Do not, and I mean do not, leave this paddock without your helmet on, or alone." He warns me. I pull my head back from his shoulder and raise my brow.

"Why?" I question. 

"Don't worry about it. Just don't leave unaccompanied. Understood, hermana?" Carlos says, looking at me worriedly. I nod my head slowly and look passed his shoulder, outside of the paddock, trying to see if I could find anything. 

"Sure?" I say, shrugging. 

"Ok, te amo." He smiles, before jogging out, back to the Ferrari Paddock. 

It must have been something important because whenever we have a red flag, Carlos never leaves his car. He always stays in saying it keeps him in the zone and blocks out all the noise. 

"Jaden. We're starting again!" George calls out to me. 

I hold up my thumb to show I understand and quickly run back to my car. I fasten my seat belt and shift a bit in my seat, getting comfortable. I drive out of pit lane and line back up in p8. 

-TIME SKIP-

"There is space to overtake." George informs me. 

We have 7 laps left, and I'm currently P4. Carlos is in front of me. Just as he takes a turn, his car goes to the outside, so I go through the inside lane and right passed him. I smile appears on my face as I reach P3. Charles is ahead. I overtook charles into p2 the same way I did to Carlos. 

"4 more laps left. You've got this." George says. I could hear the proudness in his voice.

"Are we fighting Max?" I ask, seeing that Max was only a second away from me. 

George stays silent for a few seconds. "No, we are not." He answers.

I sit there, completely stunned. "But... I'm so much faster than him." I say while pressing on the breaks. I was about to hit the back of Max's car. 

"Copy. I'll ask again." In the background, I can hear George asking again. "No, sorry. We aren't fighting. Please fight with Charles. Not Max." 

"But I need this win! How is this fair?!" I shriek. 

"I'm sorry, it wasn't my decision." George says. 

I huff as I do zigzags to keep Charles away from getting into P2. Before I knew it, I pass the checkered flag in P2, right behind Max. 

"You got fastest lap on this last lap." George informs me. I stay silent, too disappointed to answer. "You did good. That was an amazing race, you should be proud." I don't reply as I park my car in P2. "Sorry, again." 

I climb out my car, waving at the crowd before walking back to the paddock, where all the engineers all stood with a metal board, which had my name and Max's name with P1 and P2 under them. I smile under my helmet as some of them run up to hug me. Max walks up behind me and taps my shoulder. 

"Thanks." He says. "I wouldn't have been able to win if it wasn't for you." 

"It's no problem." It is a problem. 

He smiles as he pat me on the back and walks to celebrate with the team. I huff before walking inside the paddock. Since everyone was outside celebrating with Max, the paddock was empty. I pull off my helmet and mask and the fresh, cold air hits my skin. Sweat falls down my face, so i grab a towel and wipe it off. I cover my face and get ready for the podium. 

-TIME SKIP-

"Congrats, Charles." I smile at him. 

He sends me a smile back. "Thanks. You drove amazing today. P10 to P2 is a great race." 

"Thank you." My smile grows wider as I stare at him. He obviously doesn't stare back because he can't see my face, so I took this time to admire his features. 

I never had the chance to because I was always running around, but his green eyes are probably the prettiest I've ever seen. His smile is one that could light up a room and fix anyones ruined mood. His messy hair that was slightly wet from all the sweat was sprawled up as he runs his hands through it. 

"Hey (Y/n)-" Carlos cuts himself off before he could finish my name as soon as he sees Charles. He covers it up with a cough before greeting Charles in his brotherly way of knocking their fists together and pulling each other into a hug with a firm pat on the back. He lets go of Charles and hesitates before awkwardly doing the same to me. I try to hide my laugh as i return the gesture. He had no idea that I'm used to this because of everyone else greeting me the same way. Just as my head reaches his shoulder from our hug, my eyes are met with ones i wish I never saw. 

Jack. 

He is too far away from us to spot me, but I could see that he is searching for me.

"Carlos." I whisper to him in a shaky voice, only for him to hear. "Jack's here."