Here She Comes (It's Enid)

"Hi Wednesday!" Enid grinned. She'd spent a while in the car, but at least it was in the nice limo that Wednesday's parents had sent to bring Enid over. Some weird guy who never talked and looked sorta like Frankenstein's monster drove, but Enid wasn't really surprised, considering this was the Addams family. But the quiet was sort of nice because that gave her a lot of time to prepare. 

Enid had had a crush on Wednesday since when they first met. She didn't want anyone to know she was lesbian, though, so she'd always tried her best to keep her interest in girls a secret. She'd even convinced herself that Ajax was her love interest. Almost. Not really. Whenever they kissed, it just felt meh. And whenever she was with Wednesday, she was just reminded of her gayness with every huge thump of her heart and butterfly in her stomach. 

She'd considered telling her parents and seeing how they'd react, but her mom would probably just freak out and try to send her to some werewolf anti-lgbt camp somewhere. Something told Enid that her mom was homophobic.

When Enid saw Wednesday, her throat got dry. Wednesday, no longer in Nevermore's school uniform, was dressed in one of her classic dresses. Though they weren't very stylish, the way they were linked to Wednesday's personality and looks somehow made her look even cuter. Omg, Enid wanted so bad to just kiss her. But considering the hug they'd shared after defeating Miss Thornhill, Tyler, and Crackstone, Enid reached out and hugged Wednesday. 

Wednesday recoiled a bit, probably from surprise, but didn't push Enid away, which was a sign. It was official: not hugging was no longer their thing. Enid smiled and allowed herself to think about actually becoming more than friends, but then stopped herself after a second. Wednesday wasn't the kind to go looking for romance, and Enid didn't think she'd ever be able to admit her crush. 

Pulling out of the hug, Enid asked, "So! How have you faired since leaving Nevermore?"

"We'll, I've been constantly spied on, received photos of me that I didn't take, and then received a few extra death threats." She paused to think for a second. "Which actually isn't that unusual."

"Yeah, this all sounds pretty normal for you." Enid said breathily, bouncing on her heals. She then internally told herself never to talk like she was out of breath ever again. "But... are you okay?" 

"Other than becoming gradually more impatient, angry, and frustrated at myself for not finding anything, I'm fine." 

Enid nodded, not sure how to respond. 

"Don't worry, I enjoy the sensation of frustration and anger." Wednesday's glare softened, but that might have just been Enid's imagination. "Oh, and it wasn't my idea to invite you over. My parents didn't exactly have your personality in mind when they invited you to stay for a week." 

"Oh, don't worry." Enid said. "I brought my spider repellent so I won't freak out because a spider crawls on me." 

"Smart." Wednesday said. She opened her mouth to say something else, but her mom came rushing out to where they were standing next to the limo. 

"Wednesday!" She exclaimed. "We're going to be leaving in the next hour, so you should bring Enid inside to get all arranged before we leave." 

"We're leaving?" Wednesday asked. Enid had a moment of panic. Was she going to be left alone in the Addams family house for a week? What was the point of inviting her in the first place? 

"Oh, you're staying. With Enid. I'm sure you'll find plenty to do without us around. But our family gathering was moved up a few weeks because your distant cousin has a trial to show up to next week and your grandmother wanted him to be there. We'll all miss you darling, but we really have to go." 

Wednesday turned to Enid. She looked a little ticked off, so when she asked Enid if she could have a word with her mother alone, Enid stepped off to the side while Wednesday pulled her mother away from Enid. Enid sighed, wondering if she was going to be sent back home, while Wednesday and her mother whispered to each other. A minute later Wednesday walked back toward Enid. Wednesday's mom walked back inside, after smiling at Enid. 

Wednesday didn't seem happy. Then again, she never seems happy. "It appears we're going to be staying here while my family goes to Transylvania."

"Transylvania's real?" Enid exclaimed, though that probably wasn't what she was supposed to be focusing on. 

Wednesday gave her a look. "Of course it is. Now follow me and I'll give you a tour of our house." 

That's when it hit Enid. 

A whole week. 

Alone.

With Wednesday Addams. 

Gay panic.