You Again (Wednesday)

"Laurel." Wednesday said as Laurel Gates stepped through the door, pointing a gun towards Wednesday's face. Enid squeaked. 

"Hello, Wednesday." She smiled. Scars from the near-fatal bee stings lined her face and arms, though there were surely more under her clothes. "No sword this time, I see."

"I thought that might be a bit foolish." Wednesday replied. "Swords aren't practical weapons. I prefer daggers or maces."

"You know, ever since Nevermore I've gone through countless scenarios in which I could exact my revenge on you." Laurel grinned. "After all, you cost me my life."

"And yet you're still living." Wednesday pointed out. "I didn't kill you."

"You came pretty close to that! And besides, living doesn't cut it, Addams." She seethed. "My whole life I had planned to eradicate the outcasts and I nearly succeeded. But you somehow managed to stop me."

"I know," Wednesday said, wearing a bored look. "I was there."

"Stop with the snarky comebacks!" Laurel yelled. "You know I didn't just come here to talk. I... came... t—" But then she collapsed, her eyes rolling back. 

"Kill me?" Wednesday said to Laurel's unconscious figure. "I've heard."

"Wait, what just happened?" Enid asked. 

"I created a poison dispenser that is on the table next to the door. If the person coming in isn't me, or with me, then it dispenses poison in the person's direction. I would have use a faster poison, but if I didn't want that person to be unconscious for 12 hours, I would then have time to give the antidote. One of the only useful things technology could give me." 

"Wow." Enid breathed, looking at the tiny thing next to the door. She'd just thought it was a container for some weird thing Wednesday owned. "Remind me to never try to hunt you down."

"We should bring her along." Wednesday said. "We can't leave her here and I still need her alive."

"What for? Why can't you just put her back in prison?"

"She said Tyler would do anything for her. When the time is right, we can use her as bait. And I'm guessing that there was a reason she was able to get out of prison and get here so fast without tripping alarms." Wednesday pointed out. "If she goes back she'll just get out again."

"Yeah, yeah you're right." Enid said. "But where is she going to go? The trunk of the limo?"

"Why not?" Wednesday shrugged. 

"But then it's like we're kidnapping her!" Enid said, making a face that showed she was freaked out. 

"Enid," Wednesday said bluntly. "We are kidnapping her. But it isn't like she doesn't deserve it."

"Still!" 

Wednesday sighed. She could have just told Enid to go with it, but for some reason she couldn't name, she said, "Well, would it make you feel like you are breaking the law less if she road with us in the seats of the limo?"

"Sort of? Will she still be unconscious?" Enid bit her lip. 

"It won't take 12 hours to get to Xavier's house, will it?" Wednesday said, doing some quick math to estimate how long it would take them to drive there. 

Enid was already checking her phone, though, and said, "It will take 4 hours." 

"There's your answer. We'll put Laurel in the seats across from where we'll sit."

Wednesday walked over and dragged Laurel out the door, calling Lurch to put her in the limo. Then she told Enid to pack a small bag. 

Soon enough, they were headed to Xavier's not-so-humble house, and without an invite.

"So much has happened these last few days." Enid remarked after a few minutes of silence in the car. "How can you keep up so well?"

"I was raised to be as observant as possible. My parents wanted the best education for me and my brother, though Pugsley caught on less." Wednesday replied. "Russian Roulette was my favorite pass time."

"Isn't that game illegal?"

"You should know by now I don't exactly follow the rules this government seems satisfying to the people. Eradicating the use of Russian Roulette only saves about one person a year, since not a lot of people played. When they did play it was usually very reckless. And due to alcohol. I'm incredibly cautious and I don't drink." 

"I guess. But sometimes I still wonder how you manage to remain alive." Enid said. "I mean, you almost died in Crackstone's tomb. And now you don't have an ancestor to tell you how not to turn crazy."

"I must admit, turning mad may not be as fun as I had originally expected it to be, but I'm convinced I can handle it." Wednesday assured her. She ignored it when she felt a strike of nervous anticipation. Enid was correct, Wednesday was in danger of turning crazy. And it was not something she was looking forward to. Trying to deflect the conversation from that, she said, "And what about you? You almost died that night too." 

"Yeah, but that's different." Enid insisted. "I don't take risks all the time. And I was protecting you."

Wednesday wanted to ignore the way Enid said that she was protecting Wednesday, but then she stopped herself. Is this what her life had dwindled down to? Ignoring every comment? She was better than that. 

"Why do you risk so much for someone you only met months ago?" Wednesday asked. 

"Because you're worth it." Enid said. "Sure, I only met you a few months ago, but think of how much we know each other already. I already told you how I feel."

"Yes you did." Wednesday said, not quite sure how to respond. She was in new territory, something she'd never dived into because she'd never faced it before. "When... when did you discover how you felt?"

"You'd find it silly." Enid said, shrinking in her seat next to Wednesday. Suddenly Wednesday felt like she was interrogating her. "It was when I first met you. Your stare was perfectly horrible."

Wednesday was silent. Then, she slowly reached over to Enid's hand. Oddly, the colors on Enid's nails didn't hurt her eyes much anymore. 

Enid almost jumped as Wednesday make contact but then settled as their fingers twined together. Wednesday wasn't sure what she was doing, or what she was feeling, but she thought of one thing that surprised her.

She was pretty sure she was falling for Enid Sinclair.

- - -

Hello, I decided to bring them together a bit more, but I wasn't sure if it was the right time. What do you think?

Vote and follow me if you like this Wenclair story!

Love you all!

-VictoryGreen8