No (Wednesday)

Wednesday looked down. She was shot. Shit, she was shot. What had happened? All she meant to do was distract the woman long enough to to escape out of the vision, to where Wednesday could actually fight back. 

Ow. Oh shit, it hurt so bad. Worse than being stabbed. How was that possible?

After a spell of dizziness, they were out of the vision. Enid ran to Wednesday, who had fallen to her knees.

"Wednesday!" She exclaimed. "Oh, God. You're dying!"

"Ugh." Wednesday didn't want to say anything else, for fear she would loose more blood if she spoke. She was shot in the side, and red was spreading fast. Being stabbed was better in that way— the dagger was blocking the blood from seeping out so fast. 

"Tourniquet." Wednesday said. That's what she needed. A tourniquet. 

"Right." Enid took several deep breaths as she removed her jacket and tore the fabric. "But I don't know how to do one!" 

"Give it." Wednesday held out the hand she wasn't using to block the wound. Enid gave the fabric over to Wednesday, who painfully started wrapping her middle. "Mmm."

"Yes, keep her alive for now." The woman said behind them. Wednesday saw Enid turn and growl in anger.

"She needs medical care, that's what she needs to stay alive!" Enid lashed out. "You just shot my girlfriend!" 

Wednesday paused at the girlfriend comment, then forced herself to resume. Now was not the time.

"I knew it wasn't going to kill her." The woman said. "It's not necessarily a fatal wound, if you bandage it properly and right away. The bullet is still in there, but it's not a poisonous one."

"Urgh!" Enid lunged at the woman with her sharp claws. But the woman drew out a dagger and slashed Enid across the check, making her fall back.

"Enid!" Wednesday said.

"I'm fine," she replied, holding her cheek. "It's not deep."

Wednesday finished her last knot just as the woman stepped closer and said, "Poor Sinclair. It's not a full moon, is it? You can't fully change yet." 

"What do you want?" Wednesday demanded. "Why do you still need me alive?"

"You have to duel with me."

"What?"

"You heard me." The woman smiled. "We have to duel. With swords. A fencing duel."

"I'm supposed to do that with a bullet in my side?"

"If you care for Enid. I could easily kill her after using her for her purpose, but I would also be willing to let her live afterwards. You're going to die no matter what, but Enid still has a chance. If you cooperate." She spun the dagger in her hands. Wednesday glowered, but took a few deep breath's. She was starting to feel a little lightheaded.

"No, Wednesday, we can find another wa—" Enid tried to protest, but the woman shushed her.

"Your promise?" Wednesday prompted. 

"I will let Enid live, if you hold up your end. I give you my word." 

"Fine." Wednesday agreed. She wouldn't let Enid die. Not for her. Enid protested again, but, once again, was shushed. 

"No... we can find another way..." Enid quietly said as Wednesday lifted herself up. Pain sliced through her abdomen, but she ignored it. She was used to pain, anyway. The woman pulled in a bag from outside the door and removed two swords. She handed Wednesday a sword and got into her stance, holding her own sword. 

Wednesday pressed her left arm into her wound to keep as little blood from leaking as possible as she tried her best to get into her own stance. Enid was forced to watch from the side of her room. Wednesday did her best to avoid eye contact. She didn't want Enid to suffer more. 

"Any last requests?" The woman asked Wednesday. 

"Your name." Wednesday ordered. 

"Christina." She answered, then attacked.

- - - 

*Me debating whether or not I should kill Wednesday.

Haha, just kidding! Maybe... 

Just keep reading to find out. Vote to show you like it. Follow to show support and discover more things I've written. And share if you think other people would like this story!

Thank you!

-VictoryGreen8