Wednesday's Woe Of Dancing (Wednesday)

Wednesday felt murderous. Family was supposed to be one of the only good things— which made it one of the few things she allowed. But Enid's mom was almost unbelievable. That was why Enid seemed hesitant to go to San Francisco. She probably knew her mom would react that way. 

They were now in Enid's room. It was like her side of the dorm at Nevermore. Very bright, sparkly, and pink. It hurt her eyes. A lot. 

"So... now we wait." Enid said slowly, most likely feeling the tension. 

"At least until your mom realizes that I'm a convict." Wednesday said, forcing herself to relax and sit precariously on the bed. "I'm surprised she hasn't heard yet."

"Yeah." Enid but her lip. "Now she won't even hesitate to call the police to arrest you."

"I'm not apologizing for defending you."

"I'm not asking you too. But seriously, you really shouldn't threaten people with guns, even if they're being assholes."

"I'm not promising anything, but I'll try restrain myself the next time this happens." Wednesday said.

"Seriously Wednesday," Enid said, sitting down next to her. "Aren't you even nervous?"

"I don't think that's what I'm feeling." Wednesday turned to Enid. "Aren't you angry?"

"Hell yes." Enid replied. "But I'm also distracted by the fact that Tyler is probably going to murder us and that we left Laurel in the car instead of sneaking her with us."

"Lurch is with her." Wednesday pointed out. "She won't get out. And Tyler won't risk being around all these people. He's not the type to go an a murder spree. He's smarter than that."

"So what are we waiting for, then?" Enid asked.

"I have a gut feeling." Wednesday said. She could feel something was going to happen. And her gut wasn't wrong a lot. 

But in the meantime... "Enid." 

"What?" She asked.

"I want you to know... I don't give a damn about what everyone else thinks."

Enid smiled. "I can tell by the way you're glaring."

"I'm glaring?" She pulled Enid in and kissed. 

"My mom might come in and yell." Enid said, but she didn't seem particularly worried about it.

"Shut up."

"Okay."

. . .

A few hours later, they were still waiting. Being midday, they ate lunch. Wednesday ate some things she packed, while Enid went downstairs to grab something for herself. She told Wednesday she'd rather not eat century eggs. 

The day went on. 

. . .

"Are you sure we made the right call?" Enid finally asked. It had been a couple hours since lunch and Wednesday knew that Enid had already done everything she could think of to keep from being bored. She's even had enough time to convince Wednesday to add some red to the tips of her nails, which Wednesday was surprised she'd agreed. Although Enid had had to use the argument that it would look like Wednesday had just murdered someone. "What if we just came here for no reason and nothing happens? My week of vacation with you is like halfway done." 

"We stay here until something makes us leave." Wednesday said. "We don't have a specific area to investigate, so we can't search around. Dorian is no longer alive, so I can't pyschically spy either."