Emergency (Enid)

Enid watched in horror as Christina lunged at Wednesday. Wednesday parried, but it looked painful. Christina started reciting words in Latin, which Enid didn't understand. She was too worried about Wednesday. What if she died? What if Christina won? 

Enid lurched out of her trance when Christina slashed Wednesday's leg. What was she doing? She didn't have a knife pointed at her anymore so why was she just standing there? 

She lunged at Christina from behind, but ran into a wall of something. She couldn't get through. She couldn't even get to her phone to call someone. Enid assumed the field thing was from the spell, but she sank to the ground as she watched Wednesday weakly fight back. 

The ground... 

Enid jumped back up and kicked open the door, pausing for a moment to take one last look at Wednesday— just in case. Then she tore down the stairs and entered the room right below hers. Could it work?

She summoned her claws and started tearing at the ceiling. Her mom was gonna be angry, but who cared about that? Wednesday was gonna die. Enid finally broke through up to the final layer of wood, but she couldn't get through. She ran to go outside to get an ax her dad left out by the tree he'd cut down, but the doors were locked from the outside. Stupid old-fashioned locks. So she ran back and frantically clawed at it some more. 

She wouldn't ever feel safe in that room again. No matter how cheerful it looked. 

A thud from upstairs made her more frenzied. What if Wednesday was dead already? What if she wasn't gonna be okay? 

She almost shouted in relief when she broke through the wood. 

"What the—" Enid heard Christina say, but didn't hear the rest of it when she opened the hole wider to get through. She grunted as she pulled herself up. Her muscles hurt, since she had only dragged over a chair that wasn't that tall.

"Enid, watch out!" Wednesday yelled and Enid dove out of the way. Christina's sword hit where Enid had just been. 

"I guess you're going to die too, then." She growled. Enid looked at Wednesday, who looked bloody and heated. She was propped against the wall. Then Enid growled back at Christina and lunged. 

Enid lost track of the fight, but she knew she hit the sword out of Christina's hand after being slashed in the side. Before she knew it, she was standing over an unconscious Christina. Christina had cuts all over, and Enid cringed at the blood on her nails. She panted from the physical exertion and looked back at Wednesday.

"Oh, fuuu..." Enid ran over to Wednesday, who was also unconscious. She'd lost way to much blood. Enid too frantic to try to detect a pulse, so she ran over to their bags and pulled out her phone, which she could get to now that the mysterious force-field thingy wasn't over it. 

"911, what's your emergency?" A person said. 

Enid took a deep breath.

- - -

Yep. Keep reading to find out if Wednesday dies. And don't think I wouldn't do it— I could totally kill her off. But I could also let her live. 

Who knows? So keep reading or (if your reading this before the next chapter comes out) stick around until the next chapter.

Follow, vote, and share please! I would greatly appreciate it.

-VictoryGreen8