Die First (Enid)

Enid stumbled around as she recovered from the dizzy spell. She wasn't shocked when she saw they were in a different room she'd never seen before. She guessed they were in a vision. But... how? Was this woman another psychic? She grabbed Wednesday to keep herself from toppling over.

"Who are you?" Wednesday asked. 

"That doesn't matter right now." She dismissed, waving her hand. "I am curious how far Wednesday has gotten along."

"Gotten along where?" Wednesday demanded.

"How you've managed to keep yourself together this long. And that trick you used to bring certain emotions... first hand-holding, then kissing, what's next, se—"

"It wasn't a trick." Wednesday insisted. "And you obviously do not know me very well, or you would know that I don't follow the rules of nature."

"Oh, no. I don't know you that well." She said. "I've only just met you, like a day ago."

"A day ago?" Enid prompted. "When you killed Dorian?"

"Yes." She pulled up a chair and gestured to a couch a few feet away. Other than those pieces of furniture, the room was empty. "You may as well sit."

"I'll stand." Wednesday said coldly.

"Suit yourself. Anyway, yes." She replied. "You see, I believe I'm the last of my kind of outcast. I can steal people's abilities. Only temporary, of course, but they last for about a week. But then I have to kill the person before I take their talent."

Enid felt chills up her spin. "You kill people all the time then?"

"Eh, only about once every year." The woman shrugged. "For one glorious week out of the year I can feel my best. It's all the murdering I dare do, lest I draw attention."

"Why do you need to kill people to take the talent?" Wednesday asked. 

"They die anyway. It's just so much easier when they're already dead. All I need is access to the body afterwards." 

"That is a much more efficient way." Wednesday said, and Enid slapped her shoulder. 

"Don't talk about the best way to murder people now! We need to focus on figuring out this stuff!" She whisper-hissed to Wednesday. "And not dying!"

"I get the point." Wednesday whispered back, then returned to talking to the woman. "Now stop speaking in riddles. What do you want with me?"

"I think you misunderstand." She replied. "I'm not just after you, Wednesday. I'm after Enid too."

"What?" Enid exclaimed. "Why?"

"Because you are the key to Wednesday's black heart. And I need Wednesday's black heart." She smiled sweetly. Enid was thinking that this woman was truely demented. 

"Why do you need my heart?" Wednesday demanded. 

"To make me whole." She said. "I would get to keep an ability. I wouldn't have to go through the killing and covering up every time I wanted to feel complete."

"Let me guess- this was a spell from Goody's Book of Shadows." Wednesday said, surprisingly calm for the situation. Enid knew she was terrified.

"That's right." She nodded. "Dorian spied on you for me. Then he betrayed me and kept the book. So I killed him and I'm glad I did. Once the spell is complete I'll be able to keep his old psychic abilities for good."

"What exactly does this spell include?" Wednesday asked. Enid wanted to yell at her for even entertaining the idea of not killing this psycho, but then she noticed her hand in her pocket. Wednesday never put her hands in her pockets. Enid realized Wednesday was probably stalling.

"Your death." 

"No way!" Enid yelled. "We're not doing that."

"Calm down, Enid." Wednesday said. 

"That's right. Wednesday knows who she's dealing with." The woman smirked. 

"Yes I do." Wednesday whipped out the gun and fired at the woman. Enid jumped back.

For a second she thought it was over. 

Then she looked at Wednesday and saw red.

- - -

Hey. I've been thinking about drawing a scene from each of these chapters. They probably won't be that good, but let me know if you think I should do it. For reference, my profile pic is something I drew. 

Also, follow, vote, and share this story! Thanks! 

-VictoryGreen8