Whoa (Enid and Wednesday)

When Enid felt Wednesday's lips on hers she exploded with emotion. Enid felt herself get her werewolf ears and nails, but all she could focus on was how sweet Wednesday's lips tasted. She vaguely felt one of her hands go to Wednesday's head but she couldn't really tell anything apart from Wednesday's surprise kiss.

. . .

Wednesday didn't have another doubt as she felt their lips collide. She felt Enid's rainbow nails grow long and sharp. They dug into her wrists but she didn't care, Wednesday loved it. The kiss was so different from her kiss with Tyler. The sensations were real. It was strong and everlasting. And there wasn't an interrupting vision...

The thought jolted her away from the ecstasy of the kiss. As hard as it was, Wednesday pulled away from Enid to look around. She felt a tiny sensation of pain in her scalp and she saw that Enid's claws were tangled in her braid.

. . .

Enid was disappointed when Wednesday pulled away, but it quickly turned to embarrassment. Her long nails were stuck in Wednesday's braid. Enid chuckled nervously and then tried to extract it, but Wednesday stopped her. 

"It's fine," Wednesday said. "Look around."

Enid looked at the their surroundings, finding their dorm room from Nevermore. Her eyes widened. "Is this another vision?"

"Yes," Wednesday confirmed. "Though it's just us this time. I don't believe that anyone could hear us here."

"Wait," Enid's mood came crashing as she thought for a second. "Was this the reason you kissed me?"

"It wasn't the only reason." Wednesday assured her. 

What Enid wouldn't give to see what was going on in Wednesday's mind.

. . .

Wednesday was suddenly uncomfortable as Enid asked if causing a vision was the only reason they kissed. Was it? She was filled will self-doubt as she considered it. No, it hadn't been the only reason. She'd still done it out of love.

Wednesday felt freer now, no longer withholding her emotions or burying thoughts. 

But Wednesday still wondered if they would ever had kissed if they weren't under the same circumstances. 

"Well," Wednesday said. "We can talk freely now. What should we do to catch Dorian?"

"I honestly have no idea."

"Well then, maybe we do have time to remove your talons from my hair."

Wednesday savored the pain in her scalp as Enid pulled out her hand. 

"Sorry about that." Enid said sheepishly. 

"No need to apologize." Wednesday said as she reached out and touched Enid's cheek like she'd seen her parents do countless times. Enid froze and Wednesday smiled, surprising even herself as she leaned in to get another kiss.

- - -

It's the fifteenth chapter this had to happen. 

I also made the mistake of having caffeine at dinner and now I'm up writing at 3 am. 

Remember to vote and follow me because if you've made it this far into the story, you like it. Also please do it to console me for my loss of sleep. 

-VictoryGreen8