Running Far (Wednesday)

The newsletter was titled "Girl who nearly killed fellow student if finally called to be arrested". Then it went on to state Wednesday's name and that there was recent evidence uncovered linking her to yet another crime- blackmail.

Wednesday had been framed for something once before. Unlike now, however, she had a very strong alibi. You couldn't have alibi's to protect you from being accused of blackmail.

The newspaper didn't go into detail, so she pulled out her own phone. She realized she'd also received a text from the sheriff. It must have came when they were in the vision. 

"Enid." Wednesday said, showing her the text. It read, "Wednesday Addams, I don't know what's going on, but the police have a warrant for your arrest. Something about blackmail. I tried to call you, but you didn't answer. I don't believe you did it, but you got some explaining to do. If you're innocent then you got nothing to worry about. Turn yourself in, or we'll find you."

"You'd think saving a whole school full of people from a revenge-bent zombie would be enough to convince police not to arrest me." Wednesday said.

"You'd think." Enid agreed. "But I read this book once about a guy who saved his friends from a huge boulder only to murder them afterwards."

"That's incredibly unnecessary." Wednesday answered. "Just let the boulder kill them, then you won't be charged with murder. It's simple."

"Well, maybe that's what they think." Enid shrugged. "Oh! You should really turn off your phone. You can be tracked if it's it shut down."

"We also can't go back to the house." Wednesday said, shutting down the phone. "The police are most likely watching it."

She pulled down the separating plastic wall to tell Lurch to turn around again. Enid started to fidget.

"What are we going to do now?" She asked Wednesday.

"We have to assume Dorian did this. He knew we were trying to lift the odds into our favor, so he removed that option." Wednesday said. "So now we are forced to lay low. I still believe going to his house is a bad option. Which also makes it the best we have."

Enid gulped. "Okay. I guess."

"But this time we should call Xavier." Wednesday pointed out. If he was home, then maybe he would be willing to help them. 

So Enid called him. The first call he didn't answer, but then he picked up the second one. 

"Hello?" He asked. He sounded like he'd just been crying.

"Xavier," Wednesday said. "W—"

"Hang on, I thought this was Enid." Xavier interrupted. "Are you together?"

"Yes, she's with me." Wednesday answered impatiently. She was starting to feel as if she needed to rush before any other surprises happened.

"Hey." Enid said.

"Listen," Wednesday resumed. "Your brother, Dorian, he's stalking me and we are coming to your house to find out why. Also, keep it a secret because the police have a warrant for my arrest because they believe I have been blackmailing several public figures."

"What?" Xavier said, causing static. "How do you know it's him? Is that why you were asking me if I had a brother? And why do the police think you're blackmailing people?"

"I don't know the details about the warrant for my arrest, but Dorian practically revealed his identity. He told me his name and made a comment about me knowing his brother. It was all confirmed when you told me about him." Wednesday explained quickly. 

"Well, sorry Wednesday. But you can't come." 

"Why not?" 

"Because he's dead."

Wednesday was shocked. "When did he die?"

"Earlier today. I'm at the police station now, actually, waiting for my dad to get out. The bullet was meant for him."

"He was shot at?"

"I mean, it was a coincidence that Dorian was with him in the first place. My dad was making all of us go out to this island to get a "brain-break" and some "normal family time", but on the way to the boat this sniper starting shooting at us. I thought we were all going to die, but mom pulled us behind this rock. The bullet grazed my dad's head but hit Dorian. I'm still shaking."

"If there's anything I've learned from Wednesday, it's that there's no such thing as coincidence." Enid said.

Wednesday agreed. Enid was right. There was no such thing as coincidence.

- - -

I know the whole situation changes by the end of like every chapter, but if I try to drag stuff out more I'd go crazy. 

Thanks for all the votes! I appreciate them very much.

Bye for now!

-VictoryGreen8