Unimportant (Wednesday)

Wednesday gasped as she opened her eyes to see the inside of the limo again. Lurch was still peacefully driving, but they were still under a shadow, so the storm clouds were probably still there. She turned over to see Enid holding her head.

"Are you okay?" Wednesday asked. The words seemed childish coming out of her mouth, but she didn't care.

"I'm fine, it's just... how can you stand it when that happens?" 

"I don't know." Wednesday admitted. "But I don't feel insane yet."

"Oh, good," Enid said, stopping rubbing her head. "But I'm still really confused right now. My brain is like gtg, ttyl when we'll figure everything out."

"I don't know how you were able to come into the vision with me," Wednesday attempted to explain. "But Dorian never gave clear answers to anything we asked. He seemed to want to wait until we were together in person."

"But we'll get answers then, right?" Enid asked nervously. Wednesday hesitated. 

"I don't believe it would be a smart decision to go to Dorian."

"What?" Enid sat up straighter. "You said that we could get answers if we went there and believe me, I'm not one to go into danger like this, but I just want to get this all over with."

Wednesday stared. "That was before five minutes ago."

"Well, then wha—?" 

Wednesday interrupted Enid. "I'm not saying we can't meet in person, I'm saying we meet in person on our own territory. Like chess. If you go to your opponent's side of the board, your more likely to be annihilated by an opponent's piece. But if you lure the king to your side, surrounded by your pieces, you are significantly more likely to win."

"But how do we even get him there?" Enid pointed out. "No "king" is going to be stupid enough to walk into such an obvious trap as the other side of a game board."

"It's a work in progress, Enid." 

"And where are we going to go, then?" 

"I suggest we go back to my house," Wednesday said. "Easier than driving for hours to get anywhere else." 

Enid sighed, obviously not happy. But she smiled and said, "Okay. Whatever you think will work."

Wednesday paused, at loss for what to say. Did Enid just give up her opinion to go along with other Wednesday's? Thinking of how much she'd been told that she cared to little, she finally settled for a "Thank you."

Enid switched to her usual perky self. "Did you just say 'thank you'?"

Wednesday gave a look that she imagined looked a tiny bit menacing and... teasing? Was that what she wanted to do? That might have been an accident. "I say thank you sometimes. It's the apology that's hard to get."

Wait, was Wednesday joking

"Ah, yes, the apology." Enid said. Wednesday was still trying to figure out why she'd just joked, if that's what it was. "Also, weren't we going to turn around?"

Wednesday snapped back out of her mind. "Lurch, turn around and go faster. We have to get back home as soon as possible." 

Lurch grunted in response and obeyed. Wednesday watched and tried not to look at Enid. She scolded herself for getting flustered. It was childish. It was pointless. It was unimportant. It was degrading. It was... a really good feeling. 

Wednesday Addams, she thought to herself. Get it together. There's no way your falling in love with a glittery, rainbow loving, opposite of you. Maybe.

"So," Enid said, interrupting Wednesday's train of thought. "What are we going to tell Dorian?How are we even going to tell— oh never mind. He's probably listening in on us right now."

"That also means we'll have to figure out another way to communicate without him knowing. He'll know, of course, that we're planning something." 

"Right." Enid said, with a face that screamed "I don't know".

"I might have an idea." Wednesday said slowly, reaching over and rolling up the separation wall in between Lurch and them so he couldn't spy. Just in case. 

"Here, take my hands." Wednesday held out her hands and Enid obeyed, obviously not sure what was happening. 

"Are we doing like a talking-to-the-dead thing or something?"

"Just close your eyes." Wednesday said. She did. Wednesday felt a rush of emotions that she couldn't identify as she paused a second. 

Am I actually doing this? She asked herself. She wasn't this kind of person, was she? Wednesday shoved her doubts out. She was doing this.

Then she placed her lips on Enid's. 

- - -

...Totally not me writing at 1:30 a.m. due to this scene being stuck in my brain...

Anywho, vote if you like and follow me because there's lots more to come. Please share this story with any friends you think might like it. Thanks!

-VictoryGreen8